12.14.2012

Heavy Hearts and the Holidays

Our country has been shaken by yet another appalling act of violence. With this being the third mass shooting  this year(the first being The Dark Knight theater disaster, and the second being the mall shooting in Oregon), it's so hard not to just completely give up on society. There comes a point where we just stop and ask, "WHY?" What next? Is this destined to become the norm in our society? 

I cannot even begin to fathom the pain that these families are feeling, especially right before the holidays. I just pray that something will change in this world, in this nation, that will help us to avoid these types of tragedies. Keep pushing through this tough time Newtown, Connecticut. You have so many thoughts and prayers coming your way.

On a lighter note...it's Friday! Finally. This week has been insanely long. Sometimes work gets overwhelming. Only one more week until I will have five days off for Christmas! I'm so excited to get to celebrate with my loved ones. It's such a special time of year. 

Tonight my roommates and I went out to dinner to celebrate one of their birthdays early. My roommate Alyssa turns 22 on the 21st, but she will be home with her family down south for the holidays so we celebrated a little early. We had a great time, enjoying some delicious pizza and just relaxing after a long week of work and finals (for them, since they're still in college, ha ha).  I truly have the best roomies! :)


It's going to be a great weekend! My mom and aunt and little cousin Riley are coming to spend a couple of days with me. We are going to do some Christmas shopping and look at Christmas lights, and just have an all around good time. I hope you all have a great weekend too! 


© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.