12.13.2012

Meh

I have to say...I'm not very happy with myself right now. 

Today is the first day in 9 days that I haven't went for a run. It's been almost two weeks since I have come across my new found motivation, and in all honesty I'm very upset that it failed me this evening. I'm really, really enjoying it, but my poor calf muscles just needed a break! Plus...it's really cold. I'm a Floridian...52 degree weather makes our joints lock up! Ha ha. 

Besides, I think I have kinda been pushing too hard. You know how you're supposed to have "rest days" in between runs? Yeah...I haven't done that at all. So I guess I shouldn't beat myself up too badly.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly has given me this drive to make some lifestyle changes. It's much stronger than any I have had in the past. Maybe it's because I know I spend 40 hours a week sitting at a desk...which doesn't take any physical effort at all. Maybe I've just realized that I'm not getting any younger. I'm 23...if I want to have a healthy life, now is the time to make the changes and do so. Maybe I just want to be a little happier with myself. 

Something I do know, and this may sound crazy, is that I love going to bed at night feeling worn out from a good workout. I have always liked that, lol. Strange, I know, but it makes me feel like I've really accomplished something worthwhile. 

Okay, I'm going to stop beating myself up for skipping a day. In all honesty, it was probably a good thing. I will pick back up tomorrow. I have practically lived on salad today, so it's not like I've completely ruined the past two weeks. 

Hope you have all had a great Thursday! :)



P.S. Running tips are appreciated from any of you runners out there!
Vicky Hunt said...

Love, love, love the new design! I'm your first follower...:) Love you!

Mama
Keep Calm & Imagine

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.