1.19.2013

Hiking Adventures: Leon Sinks

Happy weekend! How is everyone doing? :)

Today was a great Saturday. The weather here in Tallahassee is absolutely beautiful. I think the high reached about 70 degrees and it was breezy and sunny. It really couldn't have been more perfect for John and I's adventure today. We drove over to Leon Sinks Geological Area which is about ten minutes outside of town. It's an area of Apalachicola National Forest that is filled with sink holes and hiking trials. We hiked all of them today. They form a circle that averages at just over 4 miles of trails. It was so nice to  be out there where it's so quiet. Hiking is always such a neat experience because it's relaxing yet active at the same time. Hopefully you understand what I mean about that, ha ha. 

Of course, I have some pictures to share! I know...there are a lot for one post. I've told you before though...I love pictures! Make sure to check out John's hat. He's my very own Daniel Boone. ;)

I was thinking on the way back home today...life really couldn't be any better right now. I live in a beautiful state, I have a fantastic guy, my friends and family are phenomenal, I'm blessed with a good job, etc. Sometimes it's so easy to get down about something "bad" in life, and then day's like today just make you realize how blessed you truly are.














I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Vicky Hunt said...

Beautiful pix Randa! What a beautiful place....you'll have to take me there one day!

Love You,
Mama

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.