1.13.2013

Sunday Social: Week 3, Plus a Crazy Story

It's Sunday, and that means I'm getting social with the Sunday Social link-up! I'm also going to tell you guys a story about my crazy morning after I finish answering this week's questions.

Sunday Social

Questions for this week:

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?
My blog is called "Progress, Passion, and Young Professionalism." I know, what a mouthful, ha ha. I refer to it as "Young Progress" for short. It is really just an explanation of where I'm at in life...working to make progress in certain areas, being passionate about the good things in life, and finding my place in the working world.
I have had another blog in the past, but this particular one has only been alive for about a month. I plan to stick to it though! :)

2. Why do you blog?
Well, I absolutely love to write. I love reading other people's blogs and learning about their lifestyles, so I thought I would share things about mine. It's also a great way to document life's adventures!

3. What is the first blog you ever followed? 
I follow probably hundreds of blogs, so there is absolutely not way that I can answer that correctly, ha ha. 

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?
Well, there are only eight to choose from...so I will go with my Christmas picture adventure.

5. What are your blogging goals for 2013? 
I am really aiming to blog everyday, but that is most likely not possible so I will aim for five at the least. I want to document 2013 as best as possible, and make lots of new blogging friends along the way!

6. Name your top three favorite blogs.
I love so many, but these are the three that come to mind.

So now that I have answered all of the questions, I just wanted to tell you a story about what felt like a close encounter with death...or at least a close encounter with injury.

This morning I woke up fairly early so that I could go on a run before I got ready for church. I always go out towards the back of my condo complex, which is undeveloped so it's very quiet and more private than staying up in the middle of things. Well, I had completed one lap when I noticed a dog across the lot. It was by itself so I figured it had just gotten away from it's owner while on a walk or something. I completed my second lap and the dog was gone, so I went into lap three. I'm about 1/4 of the way around when I look across and notice not one lone dog, but two. And these are not chihuahuas, these are full grown pit bulls, by themselves, no owner in sight. 

At this point, I decide that maybe it's time to meander back towards my house. I'm not someone that is afraid of animals, but you just never know...and it's best to be safe when they are large dogs that could take you down in half a second. I turn around and begin to walk, not run because I don't want to make them think I'm a threat, and they're already staring me down and watching my every move. I take a couple of steps and the things charge across the field at me, running full speed and barking and growling and I just kind of freeze . They stop in front of me, still snarling. I finally decide to just walk, and they follow me. 

I was just waiting for one to grab me by the leg, so I couldn't think of anything to do but watch them out of the corner of my eye while I continued to walk, faster and faster. Did I mention that I prayed the entire time? I did this all the way back to my front door, which was a good long walk from where I was. The pit bulls followed me growling the entire way, and even when as far to try to jump on my front porch when I was unlocking the door. When I finally got inside my heart was pounding ridiculously hard. 

I'm an animal lover.This is the first time that I have ever felt threatened by animals. If they would have attacked me...there would have been no one to help. Even more than that, where did they come from? Will I have to be afraid to go for runs because I think I may get eaten by two giant growling dogs? I don't think they belong to anyone here in my complex. This is just ridiculous. All I know is if one had attacked or even bitten me, whoever their owner is would have a hefty law suit coming their way. 

Anyway, that's enough rambling. I just wanted to rant. I'm just thankful that things didn't take a turn for the worst!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jennifer said...

That's so scary! Glad you are okay!

Stopping by from Sunday Social!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

RTO said...

Woof, woof, snarl.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.