1.14.2013

The Downs and Ups of Monday


Guys. We have survived the worst day of the week. Yet again. 

I try not to complain about Monday too much. I'm really trying to be positive about life and work and sitting behind a desk for nine hours. But, sometimes, it's really hard to be positive!

Work today was a mess. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I find it really hard not to sit at my desk and panic. So typically, I sit there on the verge of hyperventilation for about 30 minutes and then slowly calm myself down and power through everything that I have to do. I work very well under pressure...after I freak out about it first. I was mentally exhausted by 5:00. But I was so darn productive that I wasn't in as terrible of a mood as I could have been when I was driving home. 

A woman at my church started a workout class on Monday nights, and tonight was the first one. It's free to go to, so a couple of my friends and I went to check it out. Y'all...it was so much fun! It's called Body Gospel (I know, typical for a "Christian workout," ha ha), and it was created by the same people that do P90X and stuff like that. I have never had so much fun exercising. I love dance based workouts.

Needless to say I am now in a fantastic mood after exercising for the day. We also grabbed dinner at Jason's Deli, which is one of my favorite places ever. I'm now sitting in my bed, freshly showered, waiting for my hair to dry enough to put it in a sock bun so it will be curly when I wake up tomorrow. I have no doubt that I will sleep like a baby tonight. 

Well, I'm off to read some of my book before lights out! Sweet dreams! 

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.