1.12.2013

To-Do Lists Fear Me


Today is the absolute most productive day that I have had in a very long time. You know those things that you always say you need to do, but they're not life or death so they just keep getting pushed to the back burner until it just drives you absolutely insane? Come on, you know you have let your closet go to the point that you have to dig outfits out of the mountain of clothes in the floor with your shoes. Oh...is that just me? I hope not. 

Anyway, today, I conquered all annoying things that I have been putting off for the past few weeks. Every single item of clothing that I own is folded, or on a hanger, placed neatly inside a dresser drawer or my closet. My shoes are organized. My room is clean. Everything is dusted. The bathroom is deep cleaned. Dirty laundry is sorted and ready to go. I consider myself a pretty organized person anyway, but now that my closet is in top shape, I'm feeling on top of the world y'all. 

I also gave the Silver Snail (my car) some TLC. Let me tell you a little story about the Silver Snail. She is always clean and tidy...everywhere except for the trunk. The trunk of my car somehow accumulates every thing in life that I either...
A. Have no other place to put 
B. Throw in there "temporarily" and then forget about it
or
C. Say that I'm going to donate, and then again...forget that it's there.
I also refer to it as the "textbook graveyard." Every textbook from my college career that the bookstore wouldn't buy back has ended up in my trunk. Not cute. Seriously, one of my friends has told me that she's afraid of my trunk.

Well, today, the Silver Snail got rid of the junk in her trunk. It is absolutely clean for the first time in a while. Nothing is in there except for a first aid kit, a couple of cases full of CD's, and two or three things that ARE, let me repeat, ARE going to be donated to the Goodwill. I'm going to be honest, I cleaned so much stuff out of there that my gas mileage will probably improve noticeably. Don't judge me. I know there are others like me out there. I also took her through the car wash and vacuumed her. She's pretty happy.

I have figured myself out. I love cleanliness. I love organization. If you were to walk in my room, or ride in my car, you would most likely compliment me on how well-kept it is. However, that's because you're missing the closed places, like my closet...or the trunk of the Silver Snail. I tend to be most messy in places that can be closed and forgotten. Which is actually worse than being obviously messy. Hm...I don't know. 

By the way, my friends named my car the Silver Snail because I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Truthfully, I typically drive a little over the speed limit. I did get pulled over once, but I got away with a warning. I think I just have driving down to an art, ha ha. 

As a reward for accomplishing all annoying things on my to-do list, I took a trip to one of my favorite stores in the world...Target of course. I actually needed a couple of necessities, but I made it enjoyable by getting a coffee from the Starbucks and meandering slowly through the store, which is one of my favorite past times. ;)

Anyhow, this was a really random post. I just wanted to blog though...and this is what came out. I guess I'm going to head off and try to get to bed. I'm aiming to get up and run in the morning before I get ready to go to church, and I would really like for that to happen! 

Jenn said...

love the feeling of accomplishing a lot of stuff during the day !

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.