2.26.2013

Catch Up with a Side of First Things First

It has been a week since my last post. How did that happen? Time gets away from me sometimes.
I've been spending some of my free time today catching up on everyone's blogs. I love all of the posts about The Oscars and last night's episode of The Bachelor. Those seem to be the two topics reigning over my blog feed at the moment.
So what have I been up to the past seven days?
Well, work was pretty much the pits last week. I'm just ready for things to slow down a little! Actually, yesterday and today have already been a vast improvement in the work department. Besides work, nothing really exciting happened!
On Friday I left to go out of town for the weekend. I went with my friend/roommate Amber to visit her hometown, which is near Tampa. It was a really fun weekend! We spent all day Saturday out fishing on the Gulf. It was nice to just cruise around on the boat, which is named The God Seeker. I even caught three sea bass! The weather could have been better. The water was really choppy, and all the rocking led me to experience my first minor bit of seasickness. Luckily I had taken some Dramamine beforehand, so it was very short lived. There also wasn't a drop of sunshine, but it never rained. I still managed to get a little pink sunburn on my face though...tell me how that works?

On Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch before we headed back to Tallahassee. We went to Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co., which I have never been to before that. It's always fun to try new places, and it was really tasty! I had classic fried shrimp, and they were delicious. Amber had the coconut crusted shrimp, which were even more delicious! I will definitely be getting that on my next visit.


Yesterday was the return of the always-dreaded Monday. The weather here has been absolutely terrible. I think we have received around 10 inches of rain since Thursday, and today is the first time we have experienced sunshine since then! Anyway, it was a very gloomy work day. To balance that out though, I accomplished a lot and then went to my usual workout last night. I'm really sore today after slacking so bad all weekend.

Now that I have that out of the way, I'm going to link up with Halie for First Things First!


Here are the firsts for this round:
First beverage of choice.
Well, since honesty is the best policy...I will be honest. I am a little addicted to Mountain Dew, which is the absolute worst soda to love. So sadly, that's the first beverage of choice. However, it's no longer the first beverage I choose. I'm really trying to cut that out of my life...so lately I'm going to reach for water. It's getting easier, thank goodness!
I also stinking love sweet tea. Love it. Darn my southern heritage.
First breakfast choice.
Most mornings I eat a protein bar or a piece of fruit since it's so convenient. But...my choice would always be some type of egg sandwhich. Fried, scrambled, over easy...I love them all. Add a couple of pieces of 12-grain bread and some mayo and I'm in breakfast heaven.
Oh, bacon wouldn't take away from that breakfast heaven either.
Pancakes too.
And muffins!
Oh heck...breakfast is just great.
First dessert of choice.
Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I love those suckers!
Cheesecake is a close second, preferably plain or with cherries. Yum!
These categories have made me really hungry!

Joanna @ JayBirds Flight said...

Bubba Gumps coconut shrimp are SO good!! Now along with drinks, dessert and breakfast I am craving fried shrimp!

Glad I found you on the blog hop today :)

Halie Renee said...

Mmm....now you've got me really craving some breakfast!! I looove egg sandwiches too! So much. This link up is making me so hungry today, that was a bad choice for a topic since I read all of y'all's posts all day! Ahh!! ;)

Sara Pilling said...

Mmm. Eggs are just so yummy. I could have them everyday. Scrambled egg on toast with a little cheese and some spring onion. Just don't want to have too much protein though.

Miranda said...

I know, I wanted something full of calories after writing this post! Ha ha.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm now following you as well. :)

Miranda said...

It would be nice if writing about food would satisfy a craving just like eating food, ha ha.

Miranda said...

Eggs and cheese...the perfect combination! Lol.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.