2.07.2013

Life is Beautiful

Since I've been a less than satisfactory blogger over the past couple of weeks, I thought I would do a collective post to share some of the things that I have been up to recently. I have pictures burning a hole in my phone. They're dying to be shared, and you most likely haven't seen them unless you follow me on Instagram. (Which you should by the way, if you don't already! Hint hint. :p )

Also, apologies in advance if I seem scatterbrained. Matilda is on TV, and you can bet I'm watching it! It was only one of the greatest movies/books of my childhood, you know. Please tell me y'all love Matilda as much as I do!


Last weekend was really great. John and I went to the FSU vs. Duke basketball game with one of his med school friends. Needless to say, we lost. It wasn't the most exciting basketball game I have ever watched, but we still had a lot of fun! It's the second game I have went to this season, and in general actually. Believe it or not, I never went to one when I was a student. It's a much different atmosphere than a football game.



After the game, John came over to my place. My roommates and I had some friends over, and Amber made dinner (bourbon chicken and fried rice, yum!), then we went out back with the fire pit and made s'mores. It was perfect weather; chilly, but not so cold that we couldn't handle it. It was a great time, sitting around the fire, laughing, and listening to my other roommate Alyssa play the guitar. Nights like that are just perfect. It really is the simple things in life.





Sunday was the Super Bowl, of course! My friend/sorority "big" sister and her boyfriend had a get together, so John and I went with a couple of friends. It was everything Super Bowl Sunday should be; junk food, football, and friends. I'm not really into the NFL, but the game was still pretty exciting! I have to admit though, I enjoy the commercials much more. Did you have a favorite Super Bowl commercial? 



I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. This week has been really stressful work wise! I'm especially anxious because John and I are going to my parent's this weekend, which is a couple of hours south of here. The good news is, I only have to work until 1:00 tomorrow! Stoked. 

I will be doing a fitness post soon, giving you and in depth update of my progress since the beginning of the year. If you want to see some short blurbs about it, check out "The Running Diaries" tab at the top of my blog. 

I also owe you a book review!

See y'all soon! :)

Vicky Hunt said...

I looked up Mara Wilson to see what she is up to these days....check it out...:) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/former-child-star-mara-wilson-quit-acting_n_1432158.html

Love, Mama

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.