2.14.2013

Love is Patient

 I'm doing another lunch time blog post. The second one this week! Aren't you proud of me? :p
 
Anyway, it's February 14th; the absolute girliest day of the year. Think about it, this day is full of flowers, glitter, gifts, and pink. Every girl, even if they claim to hate Valentine's Day, likes it. At least a little. You know it's true.
 
This is the day that millions of pictures of roses, jewelry, and engagements are going to pop up on your Facebook and Instagram. This is the day for public proclamations of love. It's the day that women put a lot of little extra time into getting ready in the morning, because they want to look nice for this day full of adoration.
 
I know, I know...people should show love every day of the year, not just today. I agree with that. However, I really feel that there is no harm in Valentine's Day, even if it is an "over commercialized holiday." It's fun, people. The people in your life deserve some extravagant pink and red gifts, don't you think? :p More importantly than that, think about the joy that these people bring to your daily existence. 
 
I'm not someone that goes crazy over this holiday, but I also don't hate it either. It's nice to get texts and cards from friends and family, and it's also a good opportunity to do something special and different with your man, or friends, or the TV and a glass of wine, or whomever/whatever you want to spend time with.
 
Do y'all have any special plans tonight? What are they? I'm not positive what I have going on, because John won't tell me. :p I'm assuming it will be dinner somewhere yummy, which I am definitely down for. All of these salads are getting old!
 
Since I have to go to his place right after work, I went ahead and wore my dress and stuff for tonight to work, which I'm starting to regret a little. It's getting wrinkled, and I am not a fan of wrinkles. (Who is?) Oh well, I will just touch up my make-up and brush my hair and hope I don't look too terrible. Oh, female problems...
 
Oh well, I'm still really excited for John and I's first Valentine's Day together. We have been dating for over five months now, and have known each other for almost a year. I really don't know what I would do with him in my life. If you're reading this John...I love you tons and I can't wait until tonight!
 
 
Well, lunch break is nearing an end. Sigh... If only V-Day was a paid holiday and we didn't have to work. :p
 
And in honor of this day of love:
 
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
 
 

Halie Renee said...

Oh girl, I packed my dress and heels and makeup and everything. I'll be changing after work. And I don't know what we're doing yet either! Well, I know we're doing dinner at Harry's but then there are plans after that he won't tell me about yet! I hope y'all have a great first Valentine's together!

Miranda said...

Ha ha, I plan to be that annoying girl in the office bathroom that's blocking the mirror and putting on make-up. Still mad that I didn't just wear something different and put my dress on later!

Harry's is so yummy. I hope y'all have a great night as well! I've already been creeping on the pictures of your flowers, lol.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Vicky Hunt said...

Love it....and love you! Happy Valentine's Day...tell John hello! Mama

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.