2.16.2013

Valentine's Recap

 I'm not sitting in bed eating candy from my Valentine's Day Whitman's Sampler that John gave me. And I'm definitely not doing it Legally Blonde style, taking one bite from each until I decide which ones I like the best. PSH. What are you talking about?


Okay, obviously that's my guilty conscience speaking. That's definitely what I'm doing right now. But, don't judge me, because I have been very productive today. Up until this point of course. Everything is sparkling clean, and I even worked out. Yes, worked out. On a Saturday morning. So, a couple of pieces of chocolate from this heart shaped box are okay in my book. 

I just wanted to give a quick little Valentine's Day recap, because John made it pretty darn special. He would never tell me anything about what we were doing because he was trying to keep it a surprise. I knew we were going to go out to eat, but that's about it. Or, at least I thought I knew. 

I pulled up in his driveway on Thursday evening and he popped his head out of the door and told me he had to grab a couple of things before we left and I should go ahead and come inside for a second. When I was walking through the garage I smelled food cooking and almost commented about how someone must have been grilling something, because it smelled really good. 

Well, I walked inside and smelled the food even more and noticed the pots and plates on the counter. He hugged me and said, "If you don't mind I thought we would dine in tonight." He took me into the dining room, where he had a table all set with a red table cloth, silverware, candles, a basket of bread and a box of chocolate and a card at my seat. He pulled my chair out for me and completely played the waiter game, telling me what was on the menu and excusing himself to plate the food. Everything was so cute, I couldn't resist snapping some pictures while he was gone. 

He returned with wine, iced in a bucket, and two glasses and poured us both some and then went and grabbed the plates and set them on the table. He had created the menu and cooked everything himself, and it was so delicious. We had steak, red potatoes, cheese stuffed crescent rolls, and a delicious salad that he had created with corn, black beans, red and green peppers, tomato, basil, and vinaigrette salad dressing. Everything was so yummy, and I was very impressed. He even had a special music playlist going on in the background. 
Sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy! A camera phone can only do so much. :p
After we finished dinner I opened my card and we danced for a while. We then snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie. After the movie was over we went over to Marble Slab Creamery and met my friend Amber and her boyfriend for some ice cream. John and I shared a Peanut Butter Galaxy, which is our favorite.

It was such a great night. He is the sweetest man on the planet, and I can't even begin to imagine my life without him now that he is in it. Last night I gave him his Valentine's card and baked some goodies for him after we got home from the FSU baseball game. I made baked Hershey kisses, which I found the idea for on Pinterest. They were delicious! I also tried to make some with Reeses Cups, and I think I liked those even better! Here is the pin in case you're interested.


Have a great Saturday afternoon!

Halie Renee said...

That's so cute he cooked dinner for y'all and decorated for it too! SO sweet :) Glad to hear you had a great Valentine's day too!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.