2.06.2013

Superwomen

Do you ever look at people who seem to have their lives 100% together and wonder, "How do they do it?" You know the type of people I'm talking about. We all have that person in our lives that works a million hours a week, works out daily, completes all of their errands ahead of time, makes every appointment early, blogs every day, reads one book a week, spends time with their loved ones, goes to church and bible study all the time, makes nutritious meals every night, and still manages to remain completely sane all the time. Oh, and they usually look perfectly put together. Every. Single. Day.
 
This is the type of life that I (I'm such a silly, silly girl) had my mind set on living this year. I have always had my life in order...for the most part anyway. But, I decided in my head that 2013 was going to be the year that I became one of these delightfully busy women. And, not even two months into the year...I'm here to tell you that it just isn't possible.
 
I mean, not even remotely possible.
 
I will say that I'm doing pretty darn good though. I'm working 8-5 every day, exercising at least every other day, eating healthier, spending lots of time with people, staying active in church, being careful with my money, etc. I really enjoy being busy, although I will usually complain about it later.
 
However, when one hand full of things become a constant, others suffer. There is literally no way to do it all. While I'm doing great with the things I just mentioned, I'm also...slacking on my blog (this is my first post in three days!), eating too many salads (if that's possible) because I just don't have time to cook, and putting off important appointments that need to be made. Oh, and I also go to work with wet hair 4 out of 5 days a week, because I'm too exhausted to pull myself out of bed and make it look decent.
 
I was feeling a little guilty at first, but I'm not going to anymore. You see, there is this unfortunate thing called "time." And this time only allows for about 12-16 functional hours in a 24-hour day. These hours are usally pushed to the max too. I myself typically leave my house around 7:30 AM, and don't return until at least 9 PM because of things I do after work, such as work out or go to Bible study or spend time with John or friends. I'm sure you can all relate!
 
I will end my little pseudo rant. I'm just going to continue to do the best I can with the time that I do have. After all, we are women. Not Superwomen.
 
And to those of you that are Superwomen, like the ones that I mentioned in the first paragraph...feel free to share your secrets.
 
Be happy! The week is half over! :)
 
Therese said...

Oh it's possible. If you're driven by a fear large enough, a terror of not being good enough, of silence, of stillness. Honey you don't want to be that woman anyway. Everyone hates that women, and her children develope eating disorders.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.