3.18.2013

Another Monday Conquered

It is well past 5:00 y'all. That's both a good thing and a bad thing.
Good, because we survived another Monday. Bad, because it's that much closer to waking up at the crack of dawn and going back to the office for another nine hours. 

Nah, I'm just kidding. Today was pretty smooth, and the week is actually looking like it's going to be pretty relaxed, which is great because it gives me time to get back on my feet after last week's craziness. Hooray!

Did you all have a fabulous weekend? I sure hope so! Mine was lovely. My mom came into town on Friday afternoon and spent the weekend with me. I always love when family comes to visit me. They are such a blessing!


For some reason I always feel the need to start Friday off with a selfie. Maybe it's because it's the only day of the week that I actually wake up in time do in my hair.
I mean...Friday deserves to be celebrated with a smile, right? 
As you can see, I took full advantage of casual Friday. I'm wearing a Florida State t-shirt. 

Anywho, my mom arrived at my house right behind me when I got off of work...perfect timing! We immediately left and went to pick up John, and then went to dinner at Tallahassee Smokehouse, which is John and I's new favorite BBQ restaurant. I had a rib sandwich and some french fries...definitely not part of my healthy eating lifestyle. But....they sure were delicious.

After dinner we quickly made our way over to the movie theater to see Oz. 


We were really impressed with it! It was a really good job on Disney's part; very creative and a cool insight to the events that happened before the original Wizard of Oz movie. It probably helps that there were so many great actors/actresses in it. 

Saturday my mom and I slept in, and then slowly got ready to head out the door. We went to Goodwill and did some thrift shopping. (My mom is pretty much a professional thrifter. You can check out some of our treasures here. :) )  I'm typically NOT a fan of thrift stores, but I found something really awesome...so I'm thinking I will have to start attempting to do it more often.


If you know me personally, you know that I love Geography, and maps, and anything to do with the two. I found these adorable vintage coffee cups! It's a little difficult to see, but they are clear, with sort of an etched globe on them. My mom looked them up for me, and they were made by Nestle back in the...1970's I believe. There was a set of six, and I only bought two, but I really wish I would have bought them all. I may go back and see if the rest are still there. 


My mom also walked out with several finds. She hates this picture, and probably won't be very happy that I put it on here, ha ha. I don't think there is anything wrong with it though! Goodwill was pretty good to us. 

After our thrift shopping, we went to lunch at Pepper's, which is a Mexican restaurant, and then went to another movie. This time we watched Identity Thief, which was hilarious!


Melissa McCarthy is so ridiculously funny. I knew the movie would be funny, but it also had some great serious messages in it too. Overall, it was much more than I expected, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

After the movie, we did a little more shopping at World Market, one of my favorite stores in the world. I didn't buy anything too exciting, just a pair of earrings...which I don't have a picture of handy, or I would show you! When we were all shopped out we got a movie from Redbox and some groceries and came back to my apartment where we made soup and cookies and watched Playing for Keeps, which has my husband Gerard Butler in it, so of course I thought it was good. ;)

Sunday morning, we went to church and then had breakfast for lunch at The Village Inn, and then my mom left to head back home! I spent the rest of the day on the couch reading blogs and watching YouTube videos. Oh, I also watched Anna Karenina, and was a little disappointed in it. Regardless, it was a much needed lazy day!

That was pretty much my weekend! It ended too quickly, as always, but it really was fantastic. 
Go join in and share your weekend shenanigans with Sami!


Vicky Hunt said...

Love it....and you! We will have to do another weekend soon!

Mama

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.