3.11.2013

Baseball, Horses, and Small Coastal Towns

I'm back...after another week long blogging hiatus. How do I keep letting myself do that? I seriously need to free up some time during my evenings during the week, because I really miss blogging daily!I don't want to be one of those people that only blog on the weekends...I want to be able to do it several times during the week.
Did you all have a nice weekend? Do anything exciting? I hope so! Mine was packed full, but still fairly relaxing.
After work on Friday, I had to run a couple of errands. While doing so I got distracted by the DSW shoe store as I was driving by, and decided to go in to "look" around. Yes...I did end up buying shoes. You guessed right. But, it wasn't your typical impulse purchase. I bought a new pair of running shoes, which I have desperately been needing for my work outs. My other ones have seen much better days. And lucky me...DSW knew my needs because I walked out of the store with an adorable pair of Nike running shoes, for only $35! They were originally $70, so I was pretty darn excited. I started breaking them in yesterday, and I already love them.
After my impromptu shoe purchase, I drove over to the FSU baseball game to meet up with John. We were playing Boston College, and we won! FSU is 18 and 0 in baseball now! John is a baseball nut, and I'm really starting to love the game as well. He even taught me how to keep score on Friday night. I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself.

After the game we watched half of Catch Me If You Can at his place, and then I crashed. I woke up early Saturday morning, and John and I headed over to the Red Hills Horse Trials, which is a riding competition that Tallahassee hosts every year. Riders (some of them were even Olympic competitors!) come from all over the place to compete in events such as dressage, show jumping, and cross country. John and I watched the cross country event, in which riders compete for the best completion time of an obstacle type course with different jumps. It was really entertaining!




We arrived back at John's place around 1:00, and I got in my car and left to drive two and a half hours to meet up with my family in Suwannee, which is a really small coastal town where the Suwannee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. It's near my hometown here in Florida. My parents, brother, cousin, and Grandma were all spending the weekend fishing there for my Grandma's birthday. It was nice hanging out, soaking up a little sun, eating some seafood, playing with my Grandma's dog Elvis, and just being with my family.

My Grandma's dog Elvis. He is so spoiled!

Where all the fishing magic happened.

A view of some of the larger houses on the coast. There is a rumor that Billy Ray Cyrus (the country musician) just purchased the big blue one back there!

My family is a bunch of fishing fools. :p
Around 3:00 on Sunday I left and made the drive back to Tallahassee, where I spent the remainder of my weekend being lazy and watching TV with John.

And on a completely unrelated note, does the time change have anyone else down for the count? I am exhausted! Ha ha.

Have a great day!


© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.