3.25.2013

Double Headers, Boyfriend Birthdays, and Sunshine

Hey hey hey!

How are you all doing on this Monday? Hopefully the day wasn't too rough! Mine went pretty smoothly, but I'm still not sad to see it come to an end!

This past weekend was thoroughly fantastic. I was sad to see it end! It was one of those weekends that just remind you of how much you truly have to be thankful for. 

After work on Friday I met John at Zaxby's for a quick bite to eat. I had some chicken tenders and fries...not very healthy, but the weekends can be a little more lenient, right? After dinner we drove across the street to campus for the FSU baseball game. There was a double header against Georgia Tech, and we made it just in time for the second game. We had lost against them 10 to 0 in the first game, but were able to come back for an 11 to 2 win in the second. It was really exciting! After the game I came home and watched  Bride Day on TLC until I fell asleep. Party. Animal.

Saturday I woke up around 8:30 and made some scrambled eggs. I know, the eggs really aren't relevant to my weekend, but I tend to ramble in posts like this, okay? I then proceeded to watch The Golden Girls for an hour or so, then get dressed and headed out the door to run some errands. John's birthday was on Sunday, and I had a few things left to do to prepare for his surprise party on Saturday night. 

I was originally going to get some really yummy gourmet cupcakes from a local bakery here in Tallahassee...but that was before I realized cupcakes are now worth a million dollars. I would have paid over sixty bucks for just two dozen cupcakes! Am I the only person in the world who thinks that's a little crazy? Sorry, but I'm 23 years old and on a budget.

So, I did what any good Floridian would do...I went to Publix. And I found these:


Because Easter had thrown up on everything in that store. But, the cupcakes looked yummy...vanilla with cream cheese frosting. (I can attest now that I have eaten one...or three...they were yummy! Maybe better than gourmet bakery cupcakes!) Don't worry, I didn't take my loving boyfriend and his friends Easter cupcakes. I performed a little surgery, and came up with these!


John is a baseball nut, so I found some precious little baseball picks at Party City. Super easy, affordable, and cute if I do say so myself. ;)

After the cupcake adventure I went to Target to pick up stuff to wrap John's gift. I got him a Nike FSU baseball jersey. I was also able to find a card that looked like a baseball. I was so excited! Also related to running errands, do you ever have one of those days where everyone you encounter is just so super nice? That's how it was for me on Saturday. Everyone was so friendly! The girls at Publix, the barista at the Starbucks in Target, the Party City employees...they were just fun to talk to. I love things work out like that. Actually, it was kind of ironic that people were in such good moods, considering Saturday's weather looked like this:


Oh, the weather looks GOOD in this picture! It was a torrential downpour for most of the day...which had me so anxious that people would cancel on John's party!

I should probably try to move this post along a little quicker. I apologize, I just like to talk! Lol. I pretty much spent most of the afternoon doing stuff for John's party and getting ready. I had a chance to do my nails, so that was nice!


When I was ready I headed over to Longhorn Steakhouse, where John's party was going to be, to get our party's name on the waiting list. I waited around there, talking to my mom on the phone and letting my hair frizz in the rainy weather because the only room to wait was in the outdoor waiting area. Things can't always go smoothly I guess. :p My friend Amber met me at the restaurant and took my waiting spot for me, and I headed to John's house to pick him up. He thought just him and I were going out to celebrate, so imagine the surprise on his face when we arrived at the restaurant and 15 of his friends were sitting there waiting for him! It worked out so nicely...even after I had worried to death about it going wrong! Dinner was delicious, people were fun, and John was so adorably excited. 

This picture is too funny not to share. I have a lot more from the party, but don't want to share without the permission of the people in them!
At my house after dinner. How do you like the broken sheep key ring in the background?  :p
Sunday was John's actual birthday. Instead of going to church I slept in a little and then headed over to campus for another FSU baseball game. I told you John was a crazy baseball nut, remember? ;) It was the third game of the weekend series against Georgia Teach, and we were down 5 to 0 pretty early in the game.

The weather was absolutely perfect! I got my first sun of the year!
But somehow, we came back and won 8 to 6, making FSU the winners of the weekend series! It was an awesome, awesome game. John has quickly turned me into a baseball fan. I really enjoy going to the games with him and his family!

Go 'Noles! John is wearing his new jersey I got him. :) And he looks quite handsome in it.
After the game I went to John's house and hung out for the rest of the day. We watched a movie, a little basketball and an episode of Chuck. We also grubbed on some yummy birthday burritos and a crazy delicious peanut butter gooey cake. (Mrs. Turner, if you're reading this, both things were delicious!) I came home fully of sugar and more in love with my boyfriend than ever. I guess that's how you know it was a great weekend. :)

Now that I have shared my weekend shenanigans, you should go link yours up with Sami!



© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.