3.29.2013

High 5 for Friday!

I feel like I always begin Friday posts with a "Happy Friday!" type greeting. So, to avoid being monotonous, today I'm just going to say...
It's Friday. And you better be excited about it.

But that doesn't make sense, because really, who isn't excited about it?

Moving on, today I am linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for my very first High Five for Friday post. A lot of blogs that I follow participate in this so I figured I would give it a go! It basically gives you a chance to review your week and pick out five things that you loved about it.
1. During John and I's Bible study on Tuesday night, he challenged me to finish my work week out by being positive, and just reminding myself that my job is making a difference in lives, despite what I may think. When I got to work on Wednesday morning, I wrote a "You are doing God's work" on a post-it and stuck it to my computer. It has been a really great little motivator, and I have had a fantastic work week.

2. I found this old picture that I am probably 4 or 5 years old in. That's Honey, who was my very first dog, and she was such a sweetie! We got her when I was really little, and she lived to be a very old girl. I just love this picture. The fact that it's Christmas and she's wearing an elf hat just makes it even better.

3. Easter weekend always has a way of reminding me even more of God's love and Jesus' sacrifice. One of my cousins posted on Facebook earlier encouraging everyone to read Matthew 27 today, since it's Good Friday. I pulled it up and read it for the first time in a while. What a reminder of the love that Jesus had for us.

4. I bought these new sandals earlier in the week...from Walmart of all places! I don't remember the last time I found cute shoes at Walmart, but I love them! I even braved the cold weather and wore them two days this week, ha ha.

5. John and I swapped a couple of funny pictures via Facebook chat on Tuesday. Conversations with him are always so entertaining. He may look like a weirdo in that picture, but he's a very cute weirdo. :)

Enjoy the rest of your FRIDAY!


© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.