3.26.2013

Take Me Back to the College Days: First Things First

It's Tuesday, Tuesday, gotta get down on Tuesday.
Okay, so it's not Friday, but it's still a step up from Monday, right?
Today, I'm linking up again with Miss Halie for First Things First! Today we are taking a step back in time to the college days...which really isn't that big of a step for me considering I graduated less than a year ago! :p
First Things First
First roommate:
My freshman year of college, I briefly lived with some of my high school friends when I went to community college in Gainesville. Unfortunately, that didn't work out very well, so a couple of months later I was back at home, commuting to school every day, which was definitely for the best. My first actual roommate was this girl right here:
Can we not judge my eyebrows in this picture?
Kaylla was my roommate for my first couple of years here in Tallahassee. (I didn't begin at FSU until my junior year.) I knew Kaylla from church back home. She is sassy and funny and was so great at helping me adjust in a new city. We shared a lot of laughs, and even went on a trip to NYC together, which is where the picture above is from.
First time living away from home:

Moving to Tallahassee before my junior year at FSU was definitely my first official move out. Of course I had been away from home before that for mission trips and such, but this was my first step into truly being on my own. I was extremely home sick during my first year in Tallahassee. It took a lot of adjusting, and at one point I felt that I wasn't going to make it! (Dramatic...gotta have a little drama.) However, things in my life started to change...I found a new job that made things a lot easier, I rushed a sorority and became more involved, I made tons of new friends, and my senior year at FSU was the best of my life so far. I also grew to love Tallahassee as a city...and I'm still here working for the state as a post graduate!

First dorm room at college:

I never had the pleasure of living in a dorm room. Some would say I missed out, and others would say I'm lucky, ha ha. I'm sure it could have been a fun experience, but I don't really regret not ever being able to live in a dorm room. 

Instead, I will share my first apartment that I shared with Kaylla!

One of the move-in specials was free accent wall painting. We chose red!

Our little dining room and kitchen. The light above the table was so low that we hit our heads every time we stood up!

My bedroom. Check out the stuffed animals in the corner! Ha ha.

What was I thinking with that green and blue bathroom?
Not too shabby for a first place! I have moved on since then, but that apartment will always hold a place full of memories in my heart. Hope you enjoyed this little blast from the past...I can't wait to read all about yours!


jess said...

So cute! My brother goes to FSU! Such a great city. Thanks for linking up!

Halie Renee said...

Um, I'd say yes you did miss out on some fun in the dorms, but I had a great experience so I'm biased towards living in dorms for a year or so :)

Veronica @ Passion, Pink & Pearls said...

Okay first of all...whoa! We both have PPP for blog names! We're awesome!
Second, yay florida! I hail from there...well sorta, I was born there and have spent time there every year of my life but really grew up in TX
Thirdly, yalls apartments looks SO cute!

Miranda said...

Go 'Noles!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Miranda said...

Your experience did sound like fun! It was nice to hear a positive take on dorm life!

Miranda said...

Hooray for triple P titles! :)

I love Florida...not sure I could live anywhere else, lol.

Thanks! It was a great first apartment!

Thanks for stopping by :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.