4.16.2013

First Things First: Movies, Sports, and Injuries

So, I'm sitting in Panera right now, on my lunch break, with my laptop. Is this what real bloggers do? Ha ha.
 
I have to say, it's maybe one of the best lunch breaks I have ever had!
 
It's Tuesday, and of course that means I'm linking up with Halie to answer some more questions about "firsts."
 
First Things First
 
First movie you went to without your parents.
Gosh, I don't even remember! I have been to a ton of movies in my lifetime. I want to say maybe it was the first Harry Potter movie. I went to see that one in theaters two or three times, and I think one of them was with my friends and no parents. I guess I would have been 11 or 12 years old when that happened. Was I really that young when that movie premiered? Give me a cane and call me Grandma.
 
First sport you played (either little-league style or in school).
I didn't play any sports when I was younger, but I did take dance (which I consider a sport) for a few years. I did tap, ballet, and jazz and loved it!
When I reached middle school I got really interested in soccer and volleyball and did that for a couple of years in a league outside of school.
Then in high school I brought the old dance background back and began colorguard and winterguard...which are also sports in my book.
 
Practice. Gainesville Independent Winterguard, 2009. Freshman year of college.
 
First major injury.
Would you believe me if I told you I have never had a major injury? I've never been to the hospital for any reason other than to get a bead removed from my nose when I was like four years old. Don't ask...
Besides that, I remember spraining my wrist a couple of times in elementary school. Then my first year of college I dropped a sabre toss on my left foot at guard practice and it busted my second toe wide open. It bled a lot, and I lost that toenail. It came back, and I still have a scar and my toenail is split right down the middle. I know, that sounds gross. But it's true!
 
That's all for the edition. Until next week, folks!
 
Halie Renee said...

Ugh that toenail story sounds painful and so awful! And that's so weird that it's still split in half! Yikes!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.