4.09.2013

First Things First

I'm joining the party a little late today...but I still wanted to do it even if it is happening literally the last 30 minutes of April 9. I have had a busy evening. As soon as I got off work I drove to campus for the FSU baseball game with John. I got home from that around 9:30, let one of my friends try on some dresses to borrow, and then spent about an hour and a half filling out three job applications for positions that look promising. So bam, here I am at 11:30...but a blog post is still happening!
 
First Things First
 
I always look forward to this link-up with my fellow Florida girl Halie. Make sure to go check her and her co-hosts out and answer the fun questions yourself!
 
This week's topics:
 
1. First Pinterest project or recipe you attempted.
I'm going to be honest, I pin a million things on Pinterest, but the only things I ever actually try out are recipes. The first thing I remember making was this Reese's peanut butter bread for my dad around Christmas time in 2011. It was good, but not quite as delicious as I was hoping.
 
 
2. First random song that pops up on your iTunes or Pandora.
Does iHeart Radio count? Because I remember the first song that came on when I fired it up at work this morning was "The Sound" by Switchfoot. Love that song, and LOVE that band.
 
3. First product you use in the shower.
Shampoo. Always shampoo. The kind does vary though, depending on what I'm doing with my hair that day. If I plan to straighten it (which is rare), I use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo. If I plan to let my hair do it's messy, wavy thing (which is pretty much every day), I use the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly shampoo...which smells like heaven. I then follow up with corresponding conditioner and move on to the rest of my shower routine.
 
I wrote this post a lot quicker than I expected to! Which...is a good thing, because I need to go to sleep. Tomorrow is another day full of opportunity!
 
Sweet dreams, blog friends.
 
 
Halie Renee said...

That bread does look delicious, so it's sad to hear that it wasn't as amazing as expected! I do looove me some Reese's! And don't worry that it was late - the link-up actually stays open for the whole week, so you had plenty of time to get it in! :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.