4.08.2013

Florida Beach Weekends

Good morning, and happy Monday!

Today is the last day of my much anticipated four-day weekend, and I'm trying not to be sad. However, it has been an amazing weekend, and I feel so blessed that I was able to take two paid days off of work for a much needed mini vacation. 

I was out of town this weekend for a beach trip! I'm really not sure there is any better place to live than Florida. You can wake up in one place and not have to drive more than a couple of hours to reach some of the prettiest beaches out there. We went to Panama City Beach with John's Christian Medical Association group. We stayed in a really nice beach house, and just had a great weekend relaxing and being in the Word.  Here is a quick recap! Unfortunately, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. Sometimes you just don't want to stop and sacrifice a lot of time...even though now I wish I would have taken more!

Friday morning I slept in a little, then woke up and finished packing. I also had to make a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a couple of last minute trip items. After I was finished packing, I just waited around for John to come pick me up. He had one of his exams that morning (he passed everything! :) ), so it was about 12:30 before we got to leave. 

The quickest way to PCB from Tallahassee is to hop on Interstate 10, but we decided to drive down the coast for the sake of scenery. It's absolutely beautiful driving through all of the quaint little beach towns on the Gulf coast. I also had a handsome chauffeur. ;)


When we arrived that afternoon, we all just hung out at the house and ate dinner. Then we decided to head out and play some mini golf! We split up into three teams of three, and I'm pretty sure my team lost, but that's alright! It was still fun, ha ha. I even made a hole-in-one on one! Back at the house, we played guys vs. girls Taboo, and the girls won!

Saturday morning we had breakfast, and then spent a couple of hours doing a Bible study and just discussing where we are at in our walks with God. It was nice to sit down and do that, and one of the best Bible studies I have participated in. It's always nice to hear the perspectives of others. We then headed to the beach, and spent most of the day there just laying in the sun and playing bocce ball on the beach. We played girls vs. guys, and the girls barely lost! It was a gorgeous day, although still a bit too chilly to enjoy being in the water. We did spend a little time in the hot tub back at the house though, which was very relaxing.


Saturday evening we drove over to a delicious pizza place called Jordano's for dinner, and then came back to the house and watched a little bit of final four basketball. John and I also took a trip down to Pier Park to walk around and get some ice cream from Kilwin's. Pier Park is such a neat place, but it stays very crowded with tourists. We all went to bed early that night due to exhaustion from being in the sun all day, ha ha. 



Sunday morning we headed out early to get back to Tallahassee. The weekend went by so fast, but it was a nice little getaway, and I got a really good start on my tan for this summer. When we got back to Tally I went to lunch and the pool with Amber, then showered and went to see Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D with John. It was awesome, by the way! I have watched that movie a million times, but seeing it on the big screen still made me anxious the entire time!

So, here I am on my final day of my self-proclaimed mini spring break. I'm about to shower and take Amber some lunch to her office, then I'm going shopping for a new laptop with my tax return money. I have been borrowing this laptop from my family for months now, so I can't wait to get my own again! I'm thinking too about maybe going to watch a movie by myself. I really just want to make the most of today. 

I hope you all had an equally great weekend, and I will talk to you soon! 

I am linking this post up for Sami's Weekend Shenanigans!


Halie Renee said...

That beach picture is beautiful! I'm jealous too, because I didn't get much outside sunshine time this weekend! Looks like you've had a great little mini spring break though. Hope you enjoy your last day today! Live it up girl ;)

Katie J said...

HI, I'm a new follower from the linkup :) Looks like you had a great weekend and I'm so jealous that you saw the beach and had beautiful weather! Plus a 4 day weekend isn't too bad!

RTO said...

We tied for 1st in mini golf! :P :D

Miranda said...

I made the most of it, and sadly, Tuesday still came around. Ha ha. If only vacation time would pass a little slower!

Hope you're having a great week!

Miranda said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm gonna head over to check out your blog and follow back. :) Have a great week!

Miranda said...

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.