4.15.2013

It's the Weekend! Just Kidding...It's Monday.

Howdy ho, Ranger Joe!
(Full House anyone?)
 
I hope you all survived the day. Monday is such a beast. But, it's also the day that us bloggers tell a little story about our weekends...also known as a recap. Let's take it day by day, shall we?
 
Friday:
When I got off work at 5:00, I hopped in the car and made the two hour drive down to Dixie County, where my parents live. My parents and my brother were actually in Orlando for the night for Grad Bash, because my brother is a senior. They weren't due to be back until about 6 AM on Saturday, so I decided to stay the night with my grandparents. It was such a nice time...it made me revert back to childhood. We just spent the evening watching Jeopardy and The Golden Girls, and my Granny made me a grilled cheese and homemade cheesecake. Yum. :)
 
Saturday:
I slept in a little, and Granny made a big breakfast for Grandpa and I. I then got ready and picked my mom up (even though she was only running on a couple of hours of sleep, ha ha) and we went into town for the Relay for Life. My friend Taylor is the new instructor for our alma mater colorguard, and they were performing at the relay. She had been begging me to come watch, and I really wanted to. They did a really cute little James Bond show. She's doing such a great job with the girls, I'm so proud of her!
After the relay we made a quick run to the grocery store where I sat in the car and waited for my mom since she only had to grab a couple of things. I took a couple of shameless selfies while waiting...ha ha.
 
 
We then went home, ate some lunch, and...are you ready for this? I may or may not have napped on the couch for three hours.
It's tough being an adult guys.
That night we made mushroom swiss burgers and homemade french fries for dinner, and my Aunt Nancy came over and visited for a while. We talked and watched TV, and then everyone fell asleep on me. Rude.
While everyone was sleeping I slammed out a really long blog post that I've been wanting to do, and then I went to sleep.
It was such an energetic day...lol.
 
Sunday:
Sunday morning we got ready and went to my Grandma's house. We sat around and visited and my Grandma made a yummy lunch of lima beans and her fried cornbread...my favorite!
Following lunch we went on a kitten hunt. A stray pregnant kitty had wandered up to Grandma's house a couple of weeks ago. She's so sweet and loving. Grandma has been giving her food, and she's no longer pregnant, so we are assuming the kittens are somewhere on the property. I was bummed because we never found them. But we sure did try!
 
 
I headed back home to Tallahassee shortly after that, and spent the evening eating pizza and watching Chuck at John's house. It was a really relaxing weekend, and I hated to see it end.
 
 
 
I shared my weekend shenanigans, now go link up with Sami and share yours!
 

Vicky Hunt said...

We did have an exciting & energetic weekend, did't we? LOL.....;)

Love You! Mama

Sam said...

Oh goodness your Full House reference brought back so many memories of my childhood LOL. Looks like you had an eventful weekend! I literally stayed home and had my eyes glued to the TV all weekend long hahah

xox

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.