4.22.2013

Taking Risks and Talking Weekends

I did it.
 
I actually did it.
 
What am I referring to exactly? Well, as I briefly mentioned in Friday's Pit and Peak vlog, I have decided to try to land some freelance writing gigs. I'm realizing more and more every day that writing has always been my passion, and I really do feel that it is also going to become my calling in life. I only wish I would have realized this sooner, instead of worrying that studying English in college would make me hate writing and cause me to be homeless. It really is the only thing that I feel will make me feel self-fulfilled...career wise anyway.
 
Obviously I have to finish writing a book before I try to get it published, and that could take a while considering I work 40 hours a week at another job. Unfortunately, that's necessary to pay the bills, ha ha. :p So I figured, why not take a shot at some freelance? I did some research and found a couple of opportunities I feel that I'm a good fit for, and I'm really excited about one in particular...for a publication that I used to read all of the time actually. I'm praying that this may be a step in the direction that God is pointing me in.
 
 Regardless, it certainly doesn't hurt to take a chance. And if this one doesn't work out, I will definitely be sending more.
 
 
Anyway, I trust you all had a good weekend. Mine was really nice, besides coming home sick on Friday. I felt pretty blah all weekend, but it was nice to get a lot of relaxing in. I spent a great deal of time sleeping and laying in bed watching YouTube videos and reading blogs.
 
There were some highlights in there too though. Friday night John came over and we played Halo and Just Dance with my roommate Alyssa. I accomplished a lot of cleaning on Saturday, and then Saturday night John and I went to dinner at Cracker Barrel and went to the movies to see Oblivion. It was good, much better than I thought it would be! Sunday was just church and more napping, ha ha. I still felt pretty blah going in to work today, but I was so swamped that I didn't have much time to think about feeling bad.
 
Is it really after 9 PM? Where DO my evenings go? I'm off to get a few things done before bed.
 
Sweet dreams!
 

Vicky Hunt said...

Praying that the door will open for you...:)I'm proud of you for going for it...:)

Love, Mama

Lisa said...

I hope everything works out for you!

Robin said...

Congratulations! I hope this opportunity goes well and leads to more. :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.