5.23.2013

Bring on the Three-Day Weekend

5 PM  on Friday....WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?
 
I'm not even sure why I'm posting right now, because I'm overall just not in the state of mind to form coherent sentences. I'm tired. This week has been exhausting, and the upcoming three day weekend couldn't be happening at a more perfect time. I'm also quite grumpy, due to the fact that I'm at the end of day four of zero caffeine in my system. Zero. Zilch. None, whatsoever. I found myself becoming too dependent on it again, so it's time to reverse that for the millionth time. Why do I have to love Coke? And Mountain Dew?
 
I have also had no more that 1,300 calories to eat per day for the past four days. I realized earlier that I haven't even had any meat! Not because I'm trying not to eat it...I'm not feeling the vegetarian thing. I guess the types of food I have been choosing (fruit, granola, cheeses, salads) just haven't involved meat. The funny thing is I haven't missed it very much. But I guess I'm not a super big meat eater to begin with. Carbs are my weakness. I will take a biscuit over a steak any day of the week.
 
Anyway, I've been dieting because again, I'm trying to get back on track and I figured the best way to start was by being really strict on myself for the next couple of weeks. I'm only a few days in, but I think I've lost some weight already. And I feel better physically. Isn't it crazy how much of a difference your diet makes? You don't realize it until you have experienced the differences in the extremes of eating healthy and eating like crap.
 
So to end this post that my grumpy, caffeine deprived self has somehow managed to tap out, I leave you a picture of the facial expression that has described this week. Again I say...bring on this weekend! I want some fun and relaxation with my friends and John. :)
 
 
Happier posts to come, my friends. Sorry for extreme lack of blogging in May. This month has not been the kindest of the year.
 

Halie Renee said...

I would also take a biscuit over a steak. Well really, I'd prefer pasta over a steak, because that's always my favorite. But carbs are always my biggest issue too! I just love them all oh-so-much.

Hope you have a GREAT weekend, and that next week is better for you!

heydanixo said...

Carbs and sweets are my weakness.
I have given up on dieting and instead have chosen to be more active.
Lets face it I love to eat and chicken everyday gets old real fast!
I walk about 2-3 miles each day and doing that has made me feel a lot better.
Happy Friday and enjoy your 3-day weekend(:

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.