5.24.2013

Cherries, Travel, and Zach Galifianakis

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have literally just sat down for the first time since around 9:00. I have been the filing master this morning. One of my coworkers is out of the office for the next couple of weeks due to surgery, so my boss asked if I would mind organizing all of her files for her to help her out. I love organizing stuff...anything at all. So of course, I said yes. I will say though, I didn't expect it to take three hours. They were in a bit of a chaos, but I can now eat my lunch knowing that they are in good standing. What can I say? I'm a pro.
 
So what's on my lunchtime blogging menu? If you read yesterday's post you know that I have been eating really low calorie this past week, and just because today is Friday doesn't mean I can cheat. Therefore, my feast consists of:
 
*a small spinach salad with lite Italian dressing, a few croutons, and a bit of shredded cheese
*a Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut bar
*a handful of cherries (my fave!)
 
I also just dropped salad dressing all over my khakis. There's nothing I hate worse than a stain on clothing that I have to wear in public for a few more hours. Why do bad things happen to good people?
 
Moving on...am I the only person who feels like everyone in the world is taking these amazing trips? Everyday on my Facebook feed I am looking at pictures of friends travelling across the country, or laying on the beach. One of my Facebook friends was on a month or so long trip, in which her status updates and picures came from everywhere from London to Santorini, Greece. I was basically green with envy looking at all of her stuff. I want to go to so many places in Europe...really badly! My wanderlust (need to travel) has been a million times worse than usual lately.
 
 I was trying to be positive when I was thinking about this earlier and I though, "Hey Miranda, you get to travel more than you think you do. You get to travel the entire length of Tennessee every day!"
 
I'm sure that just confused some of you. You're thinking..."Wait, I thought she lives in Florida?"
 
I do live in Florida. I just wanted to see if any of my fellow Tallahassee readers would get the Tennessee joke? Tennessee is a street, for those of you that don't live here. I literally travel from my house at one end to my office at the other, every day. Therefore, I travel the length of Tennessee. Sorry...that was my lame attempt to be funny.
 
Anyway, I know that I will eventually get my chance to travel overseas. It will happen! I also get to go to Pennsylvania for a week in July to visit some family, so I'm pretty excited about that!
 
I also wanted to talk about something that I heard on the radio earlier in the week. I listen to Kidd Kraddick every day on my way to work. They are my favorite, and my day just isn't the same without listening to them. One of the DJ's on the show (Kellie Rasberry, for those of you who listen) shared a really sweet story about Zach Galifianakis. In case you're not sure who he is, he plays Allen on The Hangover and he's also in Due Date with Robert Downey Jr. He's hilarious...but he is also apparently a very kind-hearted man.
 
In a laundry mat he used to frequent when growing up, there was always an older woman there (I believe she is now 80 or so) who volunteered to help people with their laundry in exchange for tips. Her name is Mimi and Zach became good friends with her. Later down the road, Zach learned that Mimi is actually homeless, so he put her up in a nice apartment, and he pays all of her bills every month. How sweet is that?
 
Wait, it gets better. Zach also occasionally takes Mimi as his date to red carpet events. You can actually find pictures if you Google them! So he has not only given this woman a place to live, but he also gave her the opportunity to do something that most people only dream of. I thought that was just the nicest thing. Stories like that give me faith in humanity. Kudos to you, Zach Galifianakis.
 
Happy Friday!
 

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.