5.07.2013

Groceries, Shopping, and Personal Facts

After yesterday's negative little jump back into the blogging world after disappearing for a week and a half, I am just really in the mood to do a fun and easy post. Lucky for me, it's Tuesday...which means I can head over and link up with  Halie and Hallie for From Firsts to Lasts. These adorable ladies have recently revamped their weekly linkup, so make sure you go check it (and them) out.
 

First Things First
 
This week we are talking about:
 
The first aisle you hit up at the grocery store.
Well, if you know me well, then you know that I absolutely hate going grocery shopping. But...when I HAVE to, I find myself sticking to the game plan that my mom always went by: get the cold things last. Which means that the first aisle I meander to is typically the one with the ramen noodles canned foods or the bread or something of that nature, ie: items that don't have to be refrigerated.
 
First store you head to at the mall.
I just realized that I really don't go to the mall that much. At all. Is this what getting old feels like? Or maybe...this is just what having bills feels like.
Anyhow...I guess it depends on what I'm looking for. If I need perfume or other "smelly good stuff," I will hit up Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works. I also really enjoy spraying all of the tester perfumes looking around in Sephora.
If I'm after clothes or shoes, I will go to JcPenney, Macy's, and occasionally Forever21. Most stores that I buy clothes at aren't in the mall though.
 
I'm finished answering this week's firsts...but I don't really feel like ending this post yet. While I was browsing around Halie's blog, I came across her "reverse pyramid" style about me post...and it looks like fun! Hope she doesn't mind that I'm borrowing her idea!
 
10 Favorite Foods
1. Spaghetti (My mom's specifically)
2. French fries
3. Salad of almost any kind
4. Brussel Sprouts (I know...that's really strange)
5. Burritos
6. Pizza
7. Philly cheesesteaks
8. Green lima beans
9. Cookies
10. My Grandma's cornbread!
 
9 Favorite Movies (In no particular order)
1. Phantom of the Opera
2. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
3. A Walk to Remember
4. The Blindside
5. Never Been Kissed
6. Titanic
7. Ever After
8. The Princess Bride
9. Mona Lisa Smile
(For the record, who only has 9 favorite movies? So hard to choose!)
 
8 Favorite Musical Artists
1. Coldplay, Coldplay, COLDPLAY
2. Adele
3. Anberlin
4. Maroon 5
5. Mumford and Sons
6. Switchfoot
7. Tim McGraw
8. Shania Twain
 
7 Things I Love Right Now
1. Spring!!! :)
2. Sea salt texturizing spray (does wonders for my wavy hair)
3. Dance Moms
4. BB cream (so much better than foundation)
5. Fresh flowers
6. My new laptop
7. My wonderful roommates!
 
 
6 Places I'd LOVE to Visit
1. Prague, Czech Republic
2. Hawaii
3. London, England
4. Florence, Italy
5. Paris, France
6. Greece
 
5 Favorite Games
1. Apples to Apples
2. Catch Phrase
3. Scattergories
4. Charades
5. Yahtzee
 
4 Things I'd Like to Do Again
1. Road trip halfway across the country with my amazing friend Liz
2. Go on a mission trip
3. Perform on stage
4. Compete with a travelling colorguard
 
3 Things I'd Like to Do in 2013
1. Take a trip to a spontaneous destination
2. Run a 5k
3. Finish my first novel
 
2 Facts About Me
1. I legitimately have OCD. Some of my obsessive habits include constantly reorganizing my house and office, fidgeting my hands, and tapping my fingers.
2. I love Broadway musicals of any kind.
 
1 Meaning Behind My Blog Name
Progress, Passion, and Young Professionalism is really just a description of where I'm at in life. I'm learning to better myself, and improve the parts of my life that need improving. I'm making progress and living with passion, all while working a desk job in the professional world.
 
Now I'm feeling like I reached my daily dose of blogging happiness. I'm off to watch the new episode of Dance Moms! Hope you all have a great night! :)
 
Halie Renee said...

Loved this post :) And of course I don't mind you borrowed my idea!

Sarah said...

I Love dance moms :)
haha

anyways french fries are one of my fave foods too!!
happy wednesday!

heydanixo said...

I love this post! Mind if I do it as well?
And girl I am a huge dance moms fan hahah.
-Danielle
heydanixo.blogspot.com

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.