5.09.2013

Say What?

I'm writing a post at 1:30 AM. Yes, you read that correctly. And, nope, I'm not joking! I have to be awake in five hours to get ready for work...and I haven't even been to sleep yet!
 
After work I came home to get ready, and then went to dinner with John. We hung out at his place for a while watching Chuck, and I left there around 10:00. I came home and then walked right back out the front door to go to my friend Kathryn's 21st birthday party. Needless to say, I just walked into my room and I'm not even remotely able to fall asleep right now. I'm going to regret this in the morning. I'm normally in bed by 10 PM. You know, grandma status.
 
So, yesterday one of my Facebook friend's shared this article and the name of it immediately caught my attention. Go ahead, click on over and read it.
 
 
Of course, I opened it up and read it...in disgust. Abercrombie and Fitch has never been a place that I have shopped, and not just because my jean size is bigger than a 10. When I was in high school, I was actually able to fit clothing from there, but why would I want to spend $60 on a cotton tshirt? Also, my mom was turned off by the advertising, so I wasn't even allowed to buy from there if I had wanted to. After reading this article, I am beyond thankful for that.
 
What really got me was the reason behind why he doesn't want to offer plus-size clothing. Obviously, he is the CEO and he can do whatever he pleases. However, his notion that "fat kids aren't cool" is not a very educated stance. He wants to "go after the attractive all-American kid," but I'm not so sure that's even working for him. Sure, his stores are stocked with young, thin, attractive employees. But, I'm positive that I'm not the only person that has witnessed this brand being sported by 50-something moms with so much botox in their faces that they can't even see straight, or even those "fat, unattractive" people that he dislikes so much. Mr. Jeffries should be honored that so many different types of people want to support him and all of his jerkiness.
 
I'm not writing this to offend anyone. I'm not going to email out a petition that I want you to sign stating that you won't support Abercrombie or anything like that. I know a lot of people that love their A&F clothing, and that's fine. I guess the thought process of Mr. Mike Jeffries just makes me...sad. It's really upsetting to see people discriminate so harshly against groups of people that they don't even know anything about.
 
What is your opinion on Mike Jeffries and his harsh way of promoting his products?
 

heydanixo said...

wow that is so disgusting I don't even want to read the article!

Amanda @ The Barstows: Our Little House on the {West Texas} Prairie said...

Never have been a fan of A & F, 60 dollar shirts aren't my thing either, I agree with hey dani, I'm not even gonna read the article, sad that he can't realize that true beauty comes from the inside.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.