6.24.2013

Double Movie Dosage and Other Weekend Stuff

I am crazy tired today and I'm not really sure why, considering the fact that I took a three hour nap yesterday and was still in bed by 10:30 last night. I still feel like I could sleep all day. However, I'm trying really hard not to be grumpy. It's a new week...a new time to grow and mature and search for life's next great opportunity.
 
This weekend was really nice, even though it flew by as usual. Friday was pretty low-key. After work I had dinner with a few friends and then spent the rest of the evening being lazy. That's just what I was in the mood for that evening. Amber and I sat on our front porch talking and watching the rain for about an hour, and then I heard all of the bridal shows on TLC calling my name...so I caved and spent the rest of the evening watching them in my room.
 
Saturday was a really great day. I mentioned on Thursday that my family had gotten back from their cruise, so they came up to Tally on Saturday morning to spend the day with me. My dad's birthday was yesterday, so we celebrated a day early. We had lunch at Outback, which was delicious.
 
 
Then, even though Dakota and I are 18 and 23 now, we decided to relive the past and go see an animated movie as a family...Monsters University, of course! It was ADORABLE, and I think I may have enjoyed it more than some of the children in the audience. If you need a smile brought to your face, go watch it.
 
After the movie we had a little time to waste, so we went over to Barnes and Noble to buy everything look around. I found a couple of books on sale..including the follow-up novel to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and a really nice hardback copy of Les Miserables. I got both of them for around $15 total. Bargain? I think so. Daddy also found a book he wanted, so I bought that for him for his birthday.
 
John made it back into town from North Carolina around 4:00 (Yay! I missed him!) so we met him for ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery. I've been wanting my dad to try the peanut butter galaxy...John and I's favorite. It was extremely hot here on Saturday...perfect time for ice cream. Afterwards, my family left to head home, and guess where John and I headed? Back to the movie theater for some Superman.
 
We wanted to see the IMAX showing that didn't start for another hour and a half, so we bought tickets and then went...you guessed it...back to Barnes and Noble to waste time, ha ha. Don't worry, I didn't buy anything else, even though I wanted to. We enjoyed the movie, and it ended in time for him to come hang out at my place for a while and catch up. I don't like not seeing him for over a week, but I'm glad he's back for a few days before he moves for his third year of med school.
 
Sunday was the epitome of lazy. I woke up for a couple of hours to shower, clean, and eat some lunch. Then I fell asleep while watching Toddlers and Tiaras and didn't wake up until three hours later. Best nap of my life? Perhaps.
 
The rest of the evening was spent at John's, eating dinner and watching some TV. We watched an episode of Chuck and then sat nervously glued to the TV watching the guy walk the tightrope across the Grand Canyon. I'm pretty sure I was more nervous than he was...but it was pretty darn cool!
 
Well, that's about it for my weekend. Oh...I almost forgot to show you the pretty bracelet my parents brought me from the Bahamas. It matches my watch perfectly! I love it.
 
 
John also brought me back an adorable handmade stuffed pig from North Carolina. I don't have a picture of him though, so I will share him another time!
 
What did you do this weekend?
 

Brittany Lea said...

Love the bracelet! Super pretty!

Sounds like a great weekend! I super want to see Monster's University hahaha Who doesn't love a good animated movie!?

Vicky Hunt said...

It was a fun day Randa! We'll have to do it again before too long....:) Love, Mama

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.