6.12.2013

Learn From Where You Go

It has been a super long day. I left the house around 7:45 this morning, and just returned home about 30 minutes ago...which would have been 9:45 or so. That's 14 hours on the go. These kinds of days just leave a person wiped out!

I went to John's right after work to spend the evening with him. I'm trying to spend time with him whenever possible. We haven't seen each other as much for the past few weeks since he has been studying for a major exam. He completed that yesterday, and now his family is getting ready to leave for a vacation tomorrow. They will be gone a little over a week. Then, upon his return, he will be here in town for a few days, but then he's moving to another town about an hour away to do his third year of med school in a rural hospital. Luckily it's not that far, so I will see him most weekends. It will just be different, and it makes me sad to think about it too much.

My parents and my brother are also getting ready to leave for a cruise on Saturday. I'm happy that they are getting a nice little vacation, and I know they will have a blast. However, all of these people I know are taking vacations and it's making me itch to go somewhere! I want to travel so badly I can hardly stand it! Does anyone else go through these phases? Sometimes I just get these crazy urges to throw some clothes and a toothbrush in a bag, hop in the car, and go. It gets mundane doing and seeing the same routine things every day. I want to see someplace new...and learn something life changing. I feel like this pin I found explains it perfectly.




The good news is, in just a few weeks I will be going up to Pennsylvania for a week or so to visit family. It's going to be a nice trip, and I'm looking forward to the drive and taking tons of pictures to share! Are you all going anywhere special this summer?
 
Vicky Hunt said...

Still wish you were coming with us! Looking forward to Pennsylvania though! Love you.....:)
Mama

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.