6.19.2013

The Irony of Productive Sick Days

You may have noticed that I was M.I.A. yesterday. There was no blog post, no tweets...not even an Instagram photo from me around ye olde internet. I'm actually perfectly okay with that though, because I really needed a day like yesterday.
 
I have always had major issues with ear infections and swimmer's ear. Ever since my trip to the beach on Saturday my ears have been driving me insane. I decided to work all day Monday, but I woke up yesterday morning feeling awful and I knew that stuff just wasn't going to happen that day. Needless to say, I called in and used 8 hours of my precious sick leave time.
 
My favorite part about yesterday? I finally subscribed to Hulu Plus. It's free for a while and then only $7.99 a month, so I figured what the heck? The result of this decision was me lying in bed for about five hours straight watching three episodes of The Bachelorette, and then one episode of Saturday Night Live. I'm not going to apologize though, because I would be lying if I said it wasn't enjoyable.
 
Here's the thing about me...I always say that I literally just want one day to lay in my bed for the entire day and do nothing, but it just never happens that way. Even though I wasn't feeling well, I was bored to death by about 2 PM. So after I downed two packs of ramen noodles (yes...two...I was hungry), I proceeded to put away the three loads of laundry that have been sitting in my bedroom floor since Friday. Following that I dusted my room, shaved my legs, gave my nails a much needed repainting, and worked on an article that I needed to submit to the magazine I've been in touch with. I actually even finished it before the night was over. It's been submitted, and I'm praying that it will be used if it's meant to be!
 
What have I learned from all of this?
I'm not so sure I understand the concept of a sick day.
 
 
 

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.