7.18.2013

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (Pretty Cool News)

This is my 120th post. That doesn't even seem possible! This little fact is completely unrelated to anything I'm about to talk about, but I thought I would share anyway.

Earlier this week, after my little post-vacation rant, I decided that this was going to be the week in which things were going to change. I tossed my negative attitude out the window, I prayed, and I waited for opportunities to hit me in the face. It really is funny how things always pop up when you're sincerely trying not to worry about everything. On Tuesday, I talked about the writing contest I entered. I have been searching for something like that, so it in itself was a blessing.

Then yesterday, something equally, and potentially more amazing placed itself in my path. I applied for a job yesterday morning, and had an interview scheduled by yesterday afternoon. What? I haven't had luck like that in a very long time!

 In case you don't know or remember, my Bachelor's degree is in Social Science. My ultimate goal for my post-college life, besides being a writer, is to be a Social Studies (geography, history, government, etc.) teacher. I graduated from college in August, making it too late for me to search for jobs for that particular school year. Therefore, I have been on the hunt for a job for this next year. Nothing has really popped up, and I was beginning to get really discouraged.

So this job interview that I have (on Tuesday to be exact), is not for any old job...it's for a Social Studies teaching position at a local Christian academy! I am so excited to have the chance to interview and showcase my strengths. I have faith that this could be an absolutely perfect position for me.

The interview isn't for a few days, but I am really anxious so I have already been preparing...which can't be a bad thing. I want this job, but I'm also trying not to let myself get too overexcited in case it doesn't work out. In that case, there will always be other opportunities!

Lisa said...

YAY! that is great news :)
luck and prayers your way!

Brittany Lea said...

YAY that is awesome hun! Good luck with your interview!

Hima Rajana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hima Rajana said...

Congratulations on your interview, and good luck! Teaching is amazing :)
Also, I wanted you to know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!
Happy Weekend!

xo, Hima
Hima Hearts

❤Liz said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU. Lmao. It's that serious Miranda Mae. You better text me as soon as you know what's up. ❤

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.