7.01.2013

A Bittersweet Thing

Happy Monday, y'all! As usual, I can't believe the weekend is already over. However, I'm looking at the bright side and telling myself that it's at least only a four day work week since we have Thursday off for July 4th!
 
I had a very bittersweet weekend. It was John's last weekend in Tallahassee before he moves to a rural town to do rotations for his third year of med school. The town is only about an hour away from here, and he will be home quite a bit on the weekends, but it's still going to be so different without him here in the same city. I have no doubt though, that he is going to have a very successful year, and continue to grow into a fine doctor.
 
Friday night I had John and a few of our friends over to my place for kind of a small going away/good luck get together. I made finger foods and we probably went through about 100 pigs in a blanket. Those things are so good! We also played a lot of Just Dance on the Wii, which is tons of fun because everyone looks ridiculous doing it. It's really entertaining. Throw in some talking, laughter, and fun pictures and it was a perfect night in!
 
 
Saturday I was extremely lazy. Amber made sausage, eggs, and French toast for Alyssa and I and we had roomie breakfast. Yum. That was followed by a Catfish marathon. I have recently become addicted to that show after watching the first episode of the new season. This means I've been watching the entire first season every chance I get. It's just so interesting!
 
That evening John and I went with Amber and two other friends to see The Heat. I was so excited about this movie because I love Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, because the movie was hilarious. I just get a little irritated when every other word is an f-bomb....for no reason especially. I still laughed really hard through the whole thing...it was pretty darn funny.
 
Sunday was another fairly laid back day. I went to church with John, Amber, and our friend Tom. After church I went to John's place and had lunch with him and his parents...yummy sloppy Joe's that his mom made, they were so good! We also watched a little TV and I helped him pick out what to wear for his first week working in the hospital.
 
I never like leaving and telling him goodbye, but yesterday was a little more difficult than usual. Just thinking that he isn't a few minutes across town from me is weird. Knowing that it's going to be like that for the next year makes me sad. I have faith that it's all going to be okay though.
 
I feel like this weekend recap is a little shorter than usual, but I'm okay with that. What have y'all been up to the past couple of days?
 
Linking up to share my weekend shenanigans over at Sami's!
 


Sami's Shenanigans
 

Vicky Hunt said...

Fun weekend....four day work week....and then vacation!!! I am so excited and can't wait! I am also proud of you for being so strong about John leaving...:) You will see him a lot more than you think and this is just one more step in the right direction for him! He is going to be an awesome Dr! Love you bunches and can't wait until our trip begins....Mama

Halie Renee said...

Your weekend sounds nice and relaxing. But I'm sure that's hard that John is moving a little bit away! I would hate being "long-distance," even only an hour away! Y'all will be good though, and that year will fly by!

Sunshine and Sinatra said...

Distance is no fun! But you love eachother so that's what makes it SO great! Andddd shout out to all the technology these days, too!

Hima Rajana said...

What a fun weekend! I LOVE Just Dance too. I was thinking of watching the Heat, because of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy too, but I get what you mean about the f-bomb.
I'm happy to have found your blog through the Weekend Shenanigans blog hop and I can't wait to follow future adventures! I'm in love with your blog design!
P.S. I just started a blog and joined the cool kids club. I'd love for you to swing by and leave me a comment with some feedback! Thank you so much.
Hima Hearts

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.