7.29.2013

May Monday Be Ever in Your Favor

This weekend began on a pretty low note. Around 1:30 AM on Friday morning, I was woken up by some of the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It was radiating all around my body, from my stomach right under my rib cage around to my middle back. I had no idea what the deal was, so I just curled up in the fetal position for a while, and got in and out of the hot shower a few times before I finally decided to call my mom. She wasn't sure, and I didn't want to go to the hospital and it turn out to be something ridiculous, so around 3:00 AM I decided to call John.

 In true med student fashion he calmed me down and asked me all of my symptoms, then told me to try to relax and monitor the pain. Around 4:30 I was able to fall asleep for an hour or so. When I woke up I wasn't in pain, but I was sore and exhausted so I called into work to tell my boss I wouldn't be in. After talking to John and my aunt who is a nurse, I'm almost 100% positive that it was something to do with my gallbladder. I'm making a doctor appointment, staying away from any foods that may trigger another attack, and praying that one doesn't happen before I find out what is going on.

Anyway, the weekend went on. I was scheduled to spend the weekend with John at his place, which is about an hour away. He was on call with the pediatrician he is shadowing and couldn't make it back to Tallahassee. Friday evening I was feeling better and drove over, and the rest of the weekend went a little something like this.

Friday
*Made it to John's and went to Winn-Dixie to get a few groceries for the weekend
*Heated up some Stouffer's manicotti for dinner, then satisfied John's sweet tooth with brownies for dessert
*Spent the evening watching TV, mainly Seinfeld

Saturday
*John had to go to the hospital to work for a couple of hours, so we woke up fairly early
*Made cinnamon roles for breakfast (John was concerned they wouldn't be big enough, so I bought two packs. I'm pretty sure they were big enough, ha ha.)

  
*John left, so I straightened up the house, showered, and got ready for the day
*Watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and then found a Harry Potter marathon on TV. My reaction:


*John arrived home, and we went to see The Wolverine...it was better than I thought it was going to be!
*Had dinner, and made a quick trip to Walmart.
*Watched Van Helsing, and other random TV.

Sunday
*Woke up not feeling well...stupid allergies.
*Ate breakfast, and then John left for the hospital again
*Watched She's the Man on TV, showered, and got ready.
*John picked me up, and we went to a local church for service.
*Cleaned the house, and headed back Tallahassee with John in tow, since he's working at the hospital here in town for the next two weeks. (Yay!)
*Had an early dinner with my good friend Elena. We discussed an exciting project that we are launching in just a few short weeks...so excited!

I'm so thankful that I was able to spend a relaxing weekend with this guy. I hope he knows how much he truly means to me!


May Monday be ever in your favor.

Kay said...

Truly love and appreciate the Hunger Games reference, hah! And the HP marathon sucked me in too, no worries! Hope you figure out what was wrong on Friday though!

Vicky Hunt said...

Glad you made a dr appointment. Good thing you date a future dr...he can make sure you actually go! Sounds like a fun & relaxing weekend with your favorite guy...:) Love you bunches...Mama

Kara said...

SO jealous of your weekend! It sounds so much more exciting than mine did. ;) LOVE your Hunger Games play on words too. Too cute!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.