7.15.2013

Vacation Hangover

Well, here I am...back in the real world. And you know what? It's really difficult to be sitting at work after nine days filled with traveling, fun, and the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted to. There has been a black cloud looming over my head all day so far, and I can't seem to shake it.

I always get like this after I have to go back to all of my responsibilities after time off. It's like a vacation hangover or something. Oh how I wish I could find a job that involves travel and reading books. That's not likely...I know. I understand that the point of a vacation is to get away from the daily grind for a while, but I'm the type of person that still thinks about it the entire time. So while I had a fun time on my trip, I was also consumed with ideas of how to change my career circumstances and really do something more; something that fulfills me. I want out of this rut that I've been in for the past year.

I don't even know how I ended up having a mini rant in this post...that wasn't what I intended to do when I began composing. Tomorrow I will start sharing aspects of my road trip, and I will be in a much better mood...I promise!

Brittany Lea said...

If you find a job that involves travel and reading books please let me know about it! ;)

Glad you had a great vacation :)

Mandy Christine said...

I love your word choice of the vacation hangover, I was trying to think of something to describe it and you did it perfectly!! Just found you. Love your blog.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.