8.02.2013

Football Friday {Linking up With Erin!}

I came across this SUPER FUN link up that Erin is hosting today, and I got so excited! Football season has been my favorite time of the year since I started high school. There's just something about the atmosphere of a good football game. What's better than wearing your colors and being surrounded by tons of people who share the same love for the boys on the field?

Love, Fun & Fotball
 
FAVORITE COLLEGE TEAM
Do I have any 'Noles in the house? I graduated from Florida State University last August, and let me tell you, there is just something phenomenal about the Seminole community. Believe it or not, I was a Gator fan growing up. If you're familiar with the big Florida rivalry you probably just assume it's illegal to convert like that. You can read about my transformation from a Gator to a 'Nole here. I have been wearing garnet and gold for the past few years, and I can assure you that is the way it will stay!
 
Just another beautiful day at Doak Campbell Stadium.
 
FAVORITE FOOTBALL SNACK
If I'm actually at the game I tend to stay away from food because it's so expensive, so I'll just get a nice cold Coke and call it a day. If I'm watching at home with friends, I love pizza or nachos or bean dip or anything along those lines!
 
FAVORITE WARM-WEATHER GEAR
Well, being that I live in Florida, it's more like favorite 100 degree weather gear. There is no warm about it. Even if the game is in the evenings the weather is so humid it reaches the verge of unbearable! Shorts and t-shirts/tank tops are where it's at! In spirited colors of course. :)
 
Amber and I showing some FSU spirit!
 
FAVORITE COLD-WEATHER GEAR
If we have any cold games at all, they are towards the very end of the season. Since it doesn't freeze here, you can normally just replace shorts with jeans and throw on a cozy FSU hoodie and you'll be good to go.
 
FAVORITE HALFTIME ACTIVITY
I performed with the colorguard in high school, so I always enjoy watching the halftime show. The Marching Chiefs are the largest college marching band in the country (at least they have been for the past few years) so they are always pretty entertaining! If I decide to skip out on that, I usually like to take some pictures or stalk the garnet and gold guys to get a picture with them.
Sweaty, messy-haired proof of the heat/humidity. But I love the garnet and gold guys!
 
John is the ultimate 'Nole fan.
 
FAVORITE POSTGAME ACTIVITY
Usually it's to go in search of food, or just hang out at home and check out some of the other games that are going on that day. Or if it was a night game...SLEEP. Ha ha.

After last season's big win against Clemson!
 
Make sure to go link up with Erin and share your team pride!
 
I leave you with a Go 'Noles and a war chant!
 



Cori @ Everyday Enchanted said...

Go Noles!!! I'm so ready for the season to begin!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I can't believe you grew up a gator and then went to FSU!! I'll root for the Noles any day, since I dislike Florida so much! :)

Erin LFF said...

I love it! I do love seeing halftime bands/performances in college games. I did marching band for 2 years in high school and just loved it! :)

Thanks for much for linking up and shouting some football pride!!

Shesabigstar said...

Well I'm a Gators fan so I'm on the opposite end of that rivalry... BUT, I love that you love college football as much as I do! Thanks so much for linking up!

A Life Less Traveled said...

Found via the link up, love all your great FSU photos. So I see you stayed in Tally after graduation, do you like it post college? I haven't been up to game in 5 years or so and can't wait to get back to a game in Doak.

Megan said...

You're making me miss attending football games! The atmosphere is the best. It's just not as big a deal in NC as it was back home. :(

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.