8.13.2013

Give Me a Cute Home Office, and Nobody Gets Hurt

If you hang around here a lot you know that I like to fantasize about writing for a living. That's nothing new. What is new though, is I have added another level to the fantasy. I've been doing a lot of browsing on Pinterest, creeping on all of the "home office" pins. There are some ADORABLE desk spaces and tranquil work corners. All I have been able to think about is how I want one of these precious little areas to do my writing, whether I'm doing it full time or just in the evenings like I'm doing now.

I came home from work today and sat in the middle of my floor, staring at everything in my room. I was attempting to come up with a "vision" involving things that I already have in my possession. I live in a townhouse with two roommates, and although it's a pretty decent size, I'm limited on the space that is actually mine. Therefore, my dreamy little workspace would have to be kept to my bedroom, because there is no other area to house it.

Here is my current work space.


What really annoys me about this area is that I have to have my TV/cable box/DVD player on this wall because this is where the cable wires are. This takes up most of my desk's surface, leaving me room for nothing but my laptop, a small notebook, my filing system, and a few other odds and ends.

So, I've been considering swapping my desk with another piece of furniture in my room, and making room on that for the TV and boxes. One of the options is to somehow use my bedside table, and then put my desk over on the wall where that is now.


But, I don't particularly like that idea, because I like having this area right next to my bed. I think the TV and the boxes would be too bulky to try to put on top of here anyway. I also thought about trying to switch out my desk and my bookshelf.


I dislike that idea even more though. My bookshelf is already overflowing. Plus it's kind of old, so I don't think it's sturdy enough to put the weight of the TV on the top tier. Decisions ,decisions...

Does anyone have any ideas? Out of the things I just showed you, what could I swap around so that I would have full usage of my desk to create a cute, functional work space? I'm still learning how to make the most of a small space, so if you have experience with that and have some insight, please don't hesitate to share! :)

Oh, this doesn't really have anything to do with my quest to have a cute at home office, but I just wanted to share my growing "to read" pile.


I need to stop buying books until I finish these, or else my pile is just going to keep growing. I just can't help it! It's an addiction. But, I guess there could be worse addictions to have.

I hope you all have a great day!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

OMG 19 Minutes is such a good book. and of course, On Mystic Lake. Good luck with the home office :-)

Erin LFF said...

Looove that 19 minutes is in your to-read pile! :) And I kinda' want to come over and just read everything in your library, lol!!

Vicky Hunt said...

Next time I come visit, we'll work on it...:) We can figure something out!

Love You....Mama

lacy meeker said...

I love the to read stack! So cute!

lacy meeker said...

I love the to read stack! So cute!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.