8.22.2013

Kind Of an Exciting Thursday

Today is a good day. It's almost Friday. The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. Sure, I'm stuck at my desk for nine hours, but things could always be worse, right?

As great as all of those things are, none of them are the reasons that today is a great day. They are contributors of course, but there are two more things that are just the icing on top of the cake.

First of all, I'm over at The Indie Chicks again today. This time, I'm looking at the humorous side of a situation that could typically be somewhat delicate. I'm telling you What Not to Do: When Your Best Friend Asks to Date Your Ex. Go check it out! I would love your feedback.

Also, in case you missed it, you can also check out my Send Jealousy Packing article while you're hanging out over there. The Indie Chicks is a really fun place and I love being able to write with them.

Secondly, I am finally sharing something that has been a bit of a milestone for me. Two days ago, I launched the Facebook page for my very own business, Miranda's Manuscript & More. Through this business, I will offer my handwriting services to clients through the addressing of envelopes and invitations, the writing of letters and thank-you cards, and other projects that are in need of a personal touch. I hope to help close the disconnect between business and customer, or even personal acquaintances, that has been a result of using typed, corporate fonts on outgoing correspondence.

Why did I feel the need to go for a handwriting service, of all things? Well, on the silly side, handwriting has always been extremely important to me. I know that sounds strange, but I was that kid in the 3rd grade that could not wait to learn how to write in cursive. And once I learned, I spend the next 10 years perfecting my scrawl. It's something that I'm good at, and after a little research, I also found that it is something that can be very useful. I'm not saying that I'm going to quit my job tomorrow. But, it never hurts to use that spirit of entrepreneurship that's burns deep inside. People always say to do something that you're not only good at, but enjoy, and it will work out. I guess we will see.


I would absolutely love for you all to go check out my Facebook page and give it a like, and a share if you want to. Keep in mind, this is still a work in progress. As soon as I see what type of response I get from introducing it, I will continue on by creating some type of website and all of those other "businessy" things. I'm excited about this adventure, and if nothing else comes from it, at least I will have the satisfaction of attempting to achieve a goal.

Today, I encourage you to go after the things that you feel called to. Take advantage of the opportunities that are thrown your way. Say a prayer, look for guidance, and you will just know when the time to act is right.

I almost forgot! You can also find me featured in a post over at Love, Fun, and Football. Go say hi to Erin!

See you all tomorrow...on Friday! :)

Erin LFF said...

How cool is that girl?! Good for you! GO after those dreams!!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

That's awesome! Good luck to you and congrats on the article!!

Hima Rajana said...

That's amazing! Congrats on the second article- it's funny but pretty informative at the same time haha. I absolutely love your handwriting!

xo, Hima
Hima Hearts

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.