A Messy Post

Well, hello. It's Monday. I'm alive. I'm here. I just missed my curtain call, and I'm entering into the spotlight extremely late.

I'm sitting in my bed right now. Yep, in the middle of the day on Monday. Why? Well, I had gallbladder attack numero dos last night, between the hours of 9 PM and 3 AM. Let me just tell you folks, this is no fun matter. The feeling is like menstrual cramps times 5,000. The ONLY thing that eases the pain is standing in the hot shower. Luckily, I have an amazing roomie who offered to go to Walmart and get me a heating pad. That thing is my new favorite object. It helped me to actually sleep a bit last night.

My first episode occurred about a month and a half ago. I have never had any type of stomach pains or health issues, so it caught me really off guard. When I talked to my doctor about it she said just to monitor it and let her know if it happened again and we would go from there. I thought I was getting lucky and it was just some freak thing, but last night crushed those hopes. I understand that having your gallbladder removed is really not a big deal, but I get really stressed every time I think about something being removed from inside of me. Am I the only person that has this fear?

Wouldn't you know too, that this would happen the day before I have my interview for a possible promotion at work? It certainly did, so regardless of my lack of sleep and sore belly, I managed to not only get out of bed this morning, but also shower, do my hair and makeup, and put on a pretty cute outfit. I went in, accomplished my work, and did my interview, then I came home and curled up in bed. And...here I am now.

Moving on...did you all have a good weekend? Mine was absolutely fantastic. Believe it or not, I'm not going to talk about it today though. Why? Well, I spent the weekend partaking in early birthday celebrations with John and my family, and I plan to do a complete birthday recap after all of the birthday fun is over. My birthday isn't until Friday, the 27th, so next Monday's post will house all birthday related shenanigans. Comprende?

For the remainder of this post I'm just going to answer a few questions from a random tag I found on YouTube. It's called "100 Things No One Asks," and I'm certainly not planning to answer all 100 of them, but I thought there were some good subjects to approach on here. Let's proceed.

 Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed? Um, closed. Always. I cannot fall asleep if my closet doors are open. I don't know why, because I'm not afraid of something being in there. I just need them closed. I guess I can think my OCD for that.

Do you like to use post-it notes? Who doesn't like to use them? They're great.

Do you have freckles? Why yes, I do. Not really on my face, but pretty much everywhere else. Especially on my arms.

Do you ever dance even when there's no music playing? I'm really guilty of this. Particularly if I'm in the kitchen waiting for food to be done, or in the bathroom doing my hair. I don't like to stand still.

What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Ranch. Or Chick Fil A sauce.

Were you ever a girl scout? I sure was! Until I was 18 years old actually. (Yes, Girl Scouts can be that old.)

What is your usual bedtime? I'm a little embarrassed to answer this one. I'm in bed by 10 on weeknights. But, I would be lying if I said I'm never any earlier than that. 9:30 is a great bedtime.

When you were a kid, what did you dress up for at Halloween? Specifically, I only remember being Cinderella. And a Pink Lady.

Do you think musicals are cheesy? Some of them are, but I still love them!

Ever won a spelling bee? No, but I made it pretty far in one back in middle school. I've always been a nerd child.

Ever burn incense? No way, that smell makes me sick to my stomach!

Tea or coffee? Both. I love hot and iced coffee, but I only like iced SWEET tea.

Can you swim well? Yeah, I can swim extremely well.

Are you patient? I'm actually not patient at all, but I'm working on it!

Is Christmas stressful? Oh my goodness, NO. Christmas should be the opposite of stressful!

This post was such a mess, but that's okay. It happens. See you tomorrow!

6 comments

Nadine Lynn said...

I hope you get to feeling well my dear! My SIL had to have hers removed a few months ago, and she recovered VERY quickly and said it wasn't near a big deal like she thought it would be. I can barely see the scar of incision because it was tiny. Those are some fun questions to know!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I hope you feel better! And I was a nerd child too; I did a spelling bee in middle school, and I won my school and went to counties and got out on my second word-- sphinx. I spelled it with a Y. It burns to this day, ha.

A Life Less Traveled said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Brittanylea02 said...

Hope you're feeling better soon hun! One of my friend's was having lots of issues with her gallbladder and had to have it removed and she said it wasn't a big thing to have it removed!

Cori @ Everyday Enchanted said...

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well! Hopefully it won't happen again. Sounds like you had a great weekend of celebrating!

Vicky Hunt said...

Hmmm....I specifically remember a GATOR cheerleader costume your deam mother made one Halloween...;) LOL!

Love You, Mama