9.25.2013

Camera Advice and a Little Sunshine

If you have been following me here for a while, you can most likely tell that the majority of the pictures on my blog are taken with my iPhone. Sure, they look pretty decent after I do some editing with Instagram or PicMonkey, but they're still obviously not very high quality photos. This is all due to the fact that my camera mysteriously bit the dust a couple of years back. I have no idea what happened to it...I never dropped it or anything, it just started giving every picture this creepy, blurry, bluish glow. That is just not okay.

I have been wanting a new camera for about about year, but it's no secret that decent cameras aren't cheap! Sure, you can find some for under $100, but when that is the case they aren't going to last long enough to satisfy. Therefore, I don't exactly want to go this route. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm not a professional photographer by any means, so I don't want to spend $500 on something so complicated that I will never figure it out.

In reality, I want a durable, simple, attractive camera that takes good quality pictures for a price of about $150 to $230. Do y'all have any recommendations? I have not had good experiences with Kodak in the past, so I'm interested in hearing some opinions on Canon or Nikon. Do you have a specific camera model that you swear by? Fill me in...I need advice! I would greatly appreciate the help.

Yesterday, Jessica, one of my absolute favorite bloggers to talk to daily, nominated me for the Sunshine Award. This is one of the newer award tags that I have seen going around blogland. It seems that it is given to bloggers who make people smile and share a positive outlook on life. Thanks, Jessica, for passing it on to me!


Here are the "rules"...

1. Link back to the blog who nominated you for the sunshine award.
2. Include the sunshine logo in your post.
3. Answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
4. Nominate bloggers who add sunshine to your day!

Now to answer the questions that Jessica asked me:

What is your favorite dessert? Gosh, I love sugar. Anything peanut butter and chocolate gets me every time...ice cream, cookies, cake, whatever includes the delicious duo. I also really love cheesecake.

If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? I think I recently answered this in another tag. Normally, I wouldn't be able to decide, but last time I said Jimmy John's and I will say the same again today. That place is delicious!

 If there is one annoying blogger habit you could eliminate, what would it be? Good question. Like a bad blogger habit that I have? Or in general? I will just give a universal answer for both...I, and other bloggers, always feel the need to apologize when we go without posting for even a day or two. It's okay! We all have stuff to do. It's not the end of the world. :)

 What is your favorite season and why? I love fall, because of the holidays, the weather, and that light-hearted feeling that comes with bonfires and hot chocolate. However, I also love summer. The beach, the sunshine, swimming, vacations...that's all great too!

What is your favorite sports team? I love my Florida State Seminoles! You can read more about my Nole life  here and here.

What was your favorite birthday party and what did you do? My 11th birthday party was an N'Sync themed sleepover. I don't think it could have been any more perfect than it was.

 What Harry Potter character do you want to be? Oooh, you know I love this question. Hermione, for sure. She just has everything going for her, plus she gets to hang out with Ron and Harry all the time. Win, win situation.

If you could have any pet in the world, what animal would you choose? A teacup pig! I love pigs!

 If you could have on wish, what would it be? I would want to ease the amount of unnecessary hate and conflict in the world.

 What's your favorite pizza topping? I would love some pizza right now. Lots of cheese, and pepperoni. Oh, and mushrooms! Can't forget the mushrooms.

It's my turn to tag some people to receive the award! I choose:

Jess @ All-American Jess
Brittany @ A Coffee Break with Brittany
Bekah @ resolve
Denise @ A Life Less Traveled
Cori @ Everyday Enchanted

If any of you have already been tagged, I apologize!

And here are my questions for them to answer:

1. What is your absolute, least favorite household chore?
2. What was your favorite subject in high school?
3. Do you prefer to live in the city, or in a more rural setting?
4. What is your biggest obsessive habit?
5. Do you ever eat cereal for dinner?
6. On Friday nights, do you like to go out or stay in?
7. What color do you wear most often?
8. Least favorite day of the week besides Monday?
9. Do your family and real life friends know about your blog?
10. The beach, or the mountains?

Thanks again, Jessica, for the award! Hope you all have a kick-butt Wednesday!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Yay I'm glad you did this :-) I think we are soulmates haha, because fall, teacup piggies, Hermione, and anything sugary are answers I myself would have definitely picked!

Brittanylea02 said...

Thanks so much for thinking me of hun! I will do this tomorrow :)

Any of the Canon sureshots are great cameras. I'm for sure a Canon girl!

Fall is great! I'm a summer girl but there is something about fall :)

A Life Less Traveled said...

Thanks for the tag! I will do this tomorrow.

My last camera was a Kodak and I wouldn't use them again. Crappy cameras indeed.


A Life Less Traveled said...

Thanks for the tag! I will do this tomorrow.

My last camera was a Kodak and I wouldn't use them again. Crappy cameras indeed.


A Life Less Traveled said...

Thanks for the tag! I will do this tomorrow.

My last camera was a Kodak and I wouldn't use them again. Crappy cameras indeed.


© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.