9.27.2013

Hey, Mid-20's. How Ya Doing?

Every year, waking up on the morning of September 27th is just a bit more special than waking up every other morning of the year...with the exception of Christmas morning of course. Why is that? Because this special day of the year is my BIRTHDAY. Who doesn't love their birthday? Well, who under the age of 30 doesn't love their birthday, would probably be the better question.

Today, I am stepping into the big 24! I have officially been pushed from the early-20's bracket to the mid-20's. I'm not going to lie, it's a little sad to think that I will be 25 just one year from now, and 25 is only FIVE years from 30. Holy wowza. Where does the time really go?

In all seriousness though, I am welcoming 24 with open arms. It's no secret that life gets harder with every year aged, but it's also no secret that it becomes more and more fantastic. 23 was filled with so many new blessings, experiences, and lessons learned. It has done it's part in prepping me to move up the age ladder. I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all of the family and friends that have been with me through another amazing year. I love you all tremendously.

One really cool thing about getting older is that even though many things change from year to year, there are always things that will stay the same throughout your life. Here are a few of my quirks that have stuck with me over the past 24 years.

I am extremely casual, and am happiest in a t-shirt, but I can clean up pretty well when I want to. I also apparently really have a thing for floral patterns. The bangs had to go though. They were a little bit 90's.


I am an absolute sucker for anything that is furry and cuddly. Puppies and kittens and anything else that I can snuggle with make me very happy.


I am very friendly and relaxed, but I can give you the death glare if I need to. Do I not look like I could have been the first toddler aged wrestler?


There isn't much that makes me as happy as a good book! Literature practically makes me giddy with excitement. That is something that will never change!


I know how to rock a pair of sunglasses. I've been wearing them day and night (not really) since 1989.


Well, I am off to finish packing for a fun-filled birthday weekend in Jacksonville! I hope you all have a great time diving further into fall and enjoying the last few days of September. Thanks for being a big contribution to why 23 was a great year for me. I can't wait to see what the blog life holds for me during year 24!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Happy Birthday!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Have an awesome day and weekend! And hey, I'm 25! hahaha

Sam said...

Hope you had an amazing birthday!!! I was seriously giggling at your toddler wrestler picture! The whole time I was thinking "y so serious?" LOL

A Life Less Traveled said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good weekend! FSU finally starts playing ACC opponents, woohoo!!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.