Liebster Me

This afternoon I walked 2.2 miles with my roommates, took a shower, ate some dinner, and I now have the hankering to sit down and just blog about something. The timing of this mood is perfect, because earlier I remembered that the lovely Lacy nominated me to receive the Liebster Award. I discovered her blog a couple of weeks ago and it's the perfect place to go if you're looking for some encouragement about life. She has a heart for God, and an abundance of positive thoughts to share. Make sure to go check her blog out and say hello.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm almost positive that Jenny nominated me for this award a while back as well. It must have slipped my mind to actually do the post though. I apologize for that Jenny! Make sure to check our her cute little space too. She talks about the precious kids that she nannies, and shares recipes for some deliciously drool-worthy food!
Most of you are probably pretty familiar with the concept of the Liebster Award. It's basically just a way to show some love and interact with fellow up and coming bloggers who still have a small number of followers. I love this idea because it's a great way to get to know your blog friends, and encourage them in their blogging adventures! When nominated, this is how you go about accepting the reward;

•Thank your nominator! Include a link back to their blog with your appreciation
•Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
•Post 11 facts about yourself
•Nominate 5-11 other up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the award--no tag backs!
•Come up with your own set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
•Let your nominees know you nominated them so they can pass it on

I've gotten some of this out of the way already, so I will move on to answering the questions that Lacy has asked her nominees.


1. Why do you blog? I love to write, so to begin with blogging was just about enabling me to get my memories down "on paper." At first, I'm pretty sure my mom was the only person who ever read my posts, but I slowly started gaining a following of people I didn't know. I loved all of the comments on my posts, and I loved reading other blogs and returning the comment favor. It is so much fun to learn about others and make new friends while also documenting the special moments in your own life. I strive to be an encouragement to others, just like so many bloggers are to me!

2. Is your main job blogging, or do you have a "real job?' Oh my goodness, I WISH  blogging was my job! Hopefully I will be writing full time one day. However, right now I do have an office job that I strongly dislike, but it's paying the bills until God opens the next door for me!

3. If you could only eat one thing forever it would be _________. Ramen noodles. Just kidding. That's a tough one...maybe Jimmy John's? Ha ha.

4. Describe yourself in six words. Dedicated. Introverted. Daydreamer. Sensitive. Friendly. Compassionate.

5. What is your cure for "bloggers block?" I don't have this problem a lot because I have a monstrous list full of writing topics that I think up and jot down daily. But, when I don't want to pull anything from there, I will try to think about something relevant that has occurred in my life recently. And, when all else fails, I go to Pinterest and look for quotes to reflect on.

6. What is the best book you have ever read? Ah...I have such a HARD TIME with this question. I adore the Harry Potter series, but there are also numerous other books that are just amazing. How about a recent favorite? Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

7.  Weird question: if you were something in nature (tree, flower, cloud, star) what would you be and why? Cool question! I would be the moon, because then I would be able to see the world at night, when all is calm and beautiful.

8. What is your favorite kind of music and why? Again, this is difficult. I really like soft rock. I never get tired of bands like Coldplay and The Fray and Switchfoot. I could listen to them all day, every day.

9. What has been your favorite trip to ever take? I have been to NYC twice, and I love it because it is so insanely different from the Florida world that I have grown up in. I still have a lot of this great earth to see though!

10. Do you have a favorite lifetime memory? What is it? I'm going to have to say when I was 15, met Jesus, and became saved. My life didn't really begin until then!

11. If you had one day to do whatever you wanted, money is no object, what would you do? Why? I would gather up a group of my closest family and friends and fly us all somewhere exotic where we could spend time together and just bask in the glory of no worries.

As for the 11 facts about myself, you can find those types of things out here!

I can't think of anyone that hasn't been nominated for this award before, so I'm going to do it this way: If you are reading this right now, you have less than 200 followers, and you want to join in...go right ahead! Make sure to let me know if you do, because I want to read your answers to the questions I'm about to throw at you.

1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite blog post you have ever written?
3. Are you addicted to anything food related? (For example, coffee, soda, chocolate...)
4. Do you prefer snail mail or email?
5. Do you have any unique talents?
6. What is your favorite method of travel? (Plane, train, automobile...?)
7. Would you live underwater in a submarine for an entire year in order to win $3,000,000? (Sorry, that was kind of a strange question.)
8. What is your favorite style of clothing?
9. Are you right handed or left handed?
10. What is one place you are dying to travel to but haven't had the opportunity?
11. N'Sync or The Backstreet Boys? Choose wisely.

That's all, folks. Enjoy!

5 comments

A Life Less Traveled said...

I'd like to join. What do I have to do?

Hima Rajana said...

I always love these posts! I feel like you get to know the writer behind the blog better! Harry Potter is truly the best- I've been rereading the 5th!

xo, Hima
Hima Hearts

Alexipanda said...

Hi! I'm Alexia and I just found your blog! I love the answer to your nature question!

Check my blog out when you have time! I just started it recently! http://alexipanda.blogspot.com

Thirty Something Girl said...

I'd like to join. my blog can be located at http://flirty30somethingramblings.blogspot.co.uk/ or you can find me at http://sarapilling.blogspot.co.uk

Looking forward to it Miranda x

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

19 minutes, such a tearjerker! And I like your response of the moon, so clever!