9.26.2013

My First "Nosey" Post

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short when I say this: I finally updated my iPhone to iOS7. I'm going to be honest with you guys, technology is not my favorite thing. Or I guess what I should really say is...I'm not good with technology. I have had my iPhone 4 for over a year now, and I still haven't used half of the features that it's capable of. I'm also at least two weeks behind on updating the software, every single time. I originally wasn't even planning to update it because I was scared it may mess my already-slow-functioning phone up, but I think it has actually improved the way it runs. Plus, I really do love the new look!

I was over at Charity's adorable blog this morning and she was sharing everything that she has on her iPhone. I am a sucker for what I refer to as "nosey" posts. You know, those subjects that we all love, such as "what's in my purse" or "what's in my makeup bag." I've even seen some "what's in my shower" topics. These posts are just fun. We are women. We like stuff. We also like to see the stuff that other women like. I've never done one of these posts before, but Charity's (you NEED to check our her blog by the way, it is perfect) iPhone sharing gave me the little push that I needed to jump on the bandwagon.

Let's get going on my little iPhone adventure.


This is my lock screen. Obviously. I have to say, I love the look of the lock screens much better since the update! The picture is one of John and I from last weekend when he took me out for an early birthday surprise, which I will discuss in detail in my birthday recap on Monday! If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know what restaurant we were standing in front of in this picture. Since John and I started dating over a year ago, my lock screen has been in a state of various pictures of him and I, because I just can't resist unlocking my phone and seeing his cute smile.


When you unlock my phone and go to my home screen, you get punched in the face with a splash of bright purple glitter. Which is actually kind of odd, because I'm not one of those girls who is really into glitz and glitter. I guess I just like the way the background looks combined with all of the colorful apps. The first thing that you have probably noticed is that I really don't have a lot of apps. Like I said in the beginning, I'm not super techy! I have what I need/want, and it really drives me crazy if I have to have more than three rows to store everything. What bothers me even more is I can't attempt to hide certain apps, like FaceTime or Newsstand. I never use them, but they have to stay on the main screen and that annoys me. I'm learning to ignore it though.


My  most opened folder on my phone is definitely the one that holds all of my photography apps. Instagram is probably the main reason that I wanted an iPhone, and I'm not joking when I say that. I love taking pictures, and I want to learn how to better edit them with my phone. What are some recommendations for good editing apps? I've heard that A Beautiful Mess is a really good one. Does anyone have experience with that one? By the way, if you're not following me on Instagram, you definitely should: @meant2live0812. I love following new people and checking out all of their pictures!


My "social" folder is the second most opened. I don't use Facebook very much anymore, but I use Twitter to keep up with the blogging world. I still think that Snapchat is one of the best inventions ever, and it provides me with many laughs during my boring work day. Pinterest is a must have also. I try to keep the social sites that I use to a minimum, or else I get overwhelmed!


I refer to the third most opened folder as "Adult Life," even though everything in it doesn't necessarily belong in that category. It basically just holds some necessary apps, plus a couple of fitness and inspiration ones that I didn't have enough of to create a new folder for. The Hobby Lobby app is the only store related one that I have, and that's only because I needed a coupon for there once and they always have a good coupon offer on there.

What are your must-haves for your smart phone? Is there an app that you can't imagine living without? Let me know. Like I said, I love being "nosey."

I'm off to conquer Thursday. Technically, it's my Friday because tomorrow is my birthday and I am taking the day off of work! Whoo hoo! Have a great day, y'all!

Nadine Lynn said...

I am loving your wallpaper! Where did you find that?

Sam said...

I recently switched to the Galaxy s4 family after over 6 years as an iPhone user and I miss it so much!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Love the wallpaper!

Thirty Something Girl said...

I think I've got far too many apps on mine! Anyway just requested to follow you on Instagram. Hope you'll follow back hun. x

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.