One Year With Dr. John

Today, September 10th, is a pretty special day. It is the mark of an entire year spent in a relationship with this amazing man.

My favorite picture of us. Thanksgiving 2012.

12 months ago today, John went from good friend to boyfriend when he unexpectedly kissed me while we were sitting on my couch watching TV. With him by my side, I have learned so much about life. I have learned what it means to be truly happy. I have learned what it's like to really fall for a person. I have learned what if feels like to worry about another's feelings before your own. I have experienced that giddy feeling that you get when you experience the laughter and the smiles of someone that you're crazy about. I have experienced what a true, healthy relationship feels like.

John inspires me every single day. His dedication to med school, his family, God, and all other important things in his life is just so encouraging. His attitude encourages me to be just as goal-oriented in my endeavors. His quirkiness never fails to lift my spirits. His sweet words still make me blush, and I'm sure they will still make me blush a long time from now. Life makes sense with him.

Here are just a few serious and silly reasons that John and I make a pretty great pair.

We both wear awesome hats. Okay, so maybe I don't really wear penguins on my head, but John sure can rock the Daniel Boone look!

We both have a passion for traveling and experiencing new places. I'm still way behind him in terms of places visited; he has been to all 50 U.S. states and all of the Canadian provinces! That's okay though...this just means that he will make a great personal tour guide when we visit places together.

We both do really great impressions of Facebook emoticons. Here you can see John portraying the :O face, while I demonstrate the more happy :D face.

We both look insanely good in Seminole Garnet and Gold. I already had 'Nole football experiences taken care of on my own, but John has shown me what it's like to be a true FSU fan at numerous baseball and basketball games as well.

We aren't afraid to show our goofy sides. What's life if you're insanely serious all of the time?

John, I know you will read this at some point today. Thank you for this phenomenal year. You have shown me so much love, and I can't wait to see where this relationship takes us. Just as you are always there for me, I will continue to be there for you. Even though we are away from each other quite a bit, and will continue in that fashion for the next year, I have no doubt that we will only grow closer. I love you!


5 comments

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute!

Sam said...

Congrats on your 1 year!!!

A Life Less Traveled said...

Congrats on year one! Cute pictures.

Vicky Hunt said...

Love it...and love you! I am so glad God led you to Tallahassee and to John! Hope you guys get to celebrate this weekend!

Love, Mama

Kate Hall said...

What a lovely post! Happy anniversary :)

Kate - diariesofanessexgirl.com