Florida State, Florida State, Florida State, Whoo!

And so the cycle of life brings us back around to Monday. Hey there. How are y'all today? Awake? Alive? Blessed? Cool. Me too.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes towards the endoscopy that I had on Friday. It went really well, and nothing major was found. I will definitely be referred to a surgeon for gallbladder removal now. The process wasn't bad, I don't even remember 95% of it. The worst (and most embarassing) thing that happened was I woke up with drool dried all in the left side of my hair. I'm sure the doctor and the nurses got a kick out of that. In my defense though, they did have a camera shoved down my throat. I'm allowed to drool, right?

Today, I really just want to talk about one thing, and one thing only. Warning: proud fan moment ahead.


Um...can we just look at number two for a second? See those two words? FLORIDA STATE? What?! After beating the mess out of Clemson (when it was expected to be the exact opposite), we have moved up to #2 in the BCS rankings! This is quite a sight! Proud Seminoles everywhere have been waiting for a return like this for a long time now. I don't want to get too caught up in the moment, because the season still has a long way to go. But, this is EXCITING. How amazing it is to see this great tradition in a place that is deserves.

Watching the game Saturday night was a lot of fun. John was on call and not in town this weekend (not so much fun), so I went with my roommates to a friend from church's house to watch with a group of people. It was actually a perfect fall night for football. Even here in Florida, it was about 65 degrees...perfect for long sleeved FSU tshirts and sitting squeezed on the couch with my roomies!


Also, I just want to say that Jameis Winston is the most adorable human being on the planet. Even if you are a Florida State hater (shame on you), you just have to be able to see something undeniably unique about this kid. He always has a smile on his face, you can tell he truly enjoys the sport, he is a sweetheart, a great leader, a well respected young man...the list goes on and on. I can't get over his preciousness. My heart melted watching him stand there with his arms around two of his teammates shoulders towards the end of the game. This kid deserves to be where he is right now. There is no doubt about that.

Okay, I should probably end this here since the majority of my readers have no clue about anything to do with Florida State. I just can't help it. I had to talk about it. And, in the off chance that you are interested in my life as a 'Nole and FSU alumni, you can click over to here and here to educate yourself, because I mention this pretty frequently.

How was your weekend? Did you watch football? Who were you rooting for? Tell me all about it!

Truly,
Miranda

7 comments

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Happy for you that your team won! I don't watch but that's exciting!!

Stephanie said...

I am glad everything went well at the doctor!

Elizabeth at Southern Finesse said...

It was a great weekend of upsets. Both my Vols and Auburn pulled out unlikely wins too. And Auburn ended up at #11 so I'm sharing in the football excitement! :)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Glad everything went well at the doctor!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

I' so glad the endoscopy went well. Thinking about you!

Brittanylea02 said...

Good for you team! Always like it when you're winning right! I don't watch but yay for you haha

Glad everything went good for you on Friday. My friend had her gallbladder out and it isn't a big deal so don't worry about it :)

A Life Less Traveled said...

The best part is that FSU is ranked #2 and UF is currently out of the top 25. All is right in the sunshine state.