10.18.2013

Laughter is the Best Medicine

We made it! It's Friday!

As you're reading this, I'm most likely on my way to have a camera shoved down my throat. Wish I was kidding, but I'm not. I mentioned earlier in the week that I'm most likely going to have to have my gallbladder removed. I went in to discuss this with a nurse practitioner yesterday, and was told that they want to rule out the question of ulcers before they take my gallbladder out, so now I have to have an upper endoscopy done. I'm not excited, but I shall do what I gotta do! Say a prayer for me...as I discussed here, I have a fear of all things medical...especially if it involves putting things down my throat.

Moving on though, I don't want this post to be all complaining and doom and gloom. It is FRIDAY after all! If you follow me on Instagram (which you should, I love to follow back!), you probably saw this little gem that I put up for #Throwback Thursday yesterday.


This is Amber and I at our sorority's formal in the spring of 2012. I love this picture and it makes me so incredibly happy because it one of many reminders that there have been, and are so many moments in my life to be ecstatic about. There are multiple reasons to laugh, to smile...to experience the pure joy that this particular photo exhibits. Is there really any better feeling than laughing until your cheeks hurt? LAUGHTER. That's what I want to focus on today. To do that, I'm going to share some of my favorite, goofy pictures that have brought, and will continue to bring many precious laughs.


This is a picture of three of my younger cousins and I. (And also a perfect example of why I'm not a fashion blogger...can we talk about that posture?) I'm so dressed up (in my garnet and gold, Go 'Noles!) because this was right after my college graduation. I just find it hilarious because Taylor, Shelby, and I are trying to be all cute, and Riley is up front being a goofball.


This was taken in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. I was chaperoning a trip with my old church's youth group (even though I wasn't much older than the youth), and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a ridiculous picture in front of a "buy 1 get 1 free" sign. How are you going to say no to that?


Like our church hats? If you're ever bored and looking for something to do to waste time, just hit up your local Burlington Coat Factory and try on every hat in their insane collection of crazy hats. Oh, and make sure you take pictures, or it didn't happen.


John may not appreciate the fact that I'm putting this on my blog. But...it's been on Facebook for a long time, so it's already out there. (Sorry, honey! I did it for the blog.) I just appreciate that John looks like the creepiest of creepers in this photo. And my head looks like that of a giant-headed cartoon character. We're an attractive couple, right?


And last but not least, the infamous cousin rivalry picture. Shelby is a sophomore at the University of Florida and I am a Florida State University graduate. If you're a college football fan, you know that this is  HUGE rivalry. Our grandparents gave us these chocolate bars in our Christmas gifts last year, and you know we had to take some silly pictures with them.

Now that you've seen a bit of my awkward side (which I don't try to hide by the way, ha ha), tell me about some of the things that make you laugh. Do you have specific pictures that you look at when you're in need of a mood boost? Maybe you listen to a song, or watch a funny video? Just do whatever you have to, because laughter is a vital part of life! I truly believe it helps the world go 'round.

"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter."
- Mark Twain
 
Have the happiest of weekends!
 


Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Aww you look so happy in all your pics!!

Good luck with the endoscopy today. I actually just had an ultrasound on my gallbladder Wednesday because I might need mine removed too.. how weird (blog twins again!). I hope the test goes well, have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

Good luck with your Dr visit today! I had ulcers this summer and they were NOT fun. I hope it's nothing serious!

Renee said...

Good luck today!

A Life Less Traveled said...

Good luck today with the Doctor.

You know I love the last photo. Gotta love that rivalry!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

At least you are not having surgery today, there is always a silver lining to every dark cloud.

I love the picture of you guys with your opposing team tickets, those faces are priceless.

Sam said...

Good luck on your doctor's appt! I love the rival chocolate bars haha. I'm from Gainesville so I always think it's funny when people get so into their teams.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.