Life is Beautiful...Everyday

The most difficult morning of the week for me to get out of bed is Tuesday. That's right...it's even more difficult than Monday. I know, it should probably be easier considering one day of the week is already down and counted for, but in my mind all I can think about is the fact that there are still four more to conquer!

Maybe facing Tuesday is so difficult because there is nothing innately special about the day itself. It's just kind of there. Amber and I always talk about how much easier it is to get out of bed when the day holds something that you're looking forward to, or even when you're just motivated about something that you have to do. For example, waking up at 6 AM on a Saturday that you could be sleeping in is much, much easier if you know you're going to the beach for the day, as opposed to waking up at 6 AM on a work day and knowing you're going to sit in your office for nine hours.

This has had me thinking though...this is life. Shouldn't every day be beautiful? Our time on this earth is limited, and we are fully aware of that fact. Why is it still so much easier to be a negative Nancy all day long, instead of finding ways to make even the most mundane tasks enjoyable?

I have been thinking and praying about this a lot lately. God, I just want to be able to find the beauty in even the worst of days. I don't want to walk around with a black cloud over my head five out of seven days a week just because I feel like I have to be in that mindset when I'm at the office. I don't want to wait until the last possible second to pull myself out of bed because I'm not at all excited about the day.

I want to see the splendor in every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day.

So, when I got in the car to head to work this morning I though to myself...let's start the day right. I swapped out my usual morning talk radio for my current favorite CD (One Republic's, Native), I thought about positive things, and you know what? I realized how beautiful the sky is at 7:30 in the morning. What a blessing it is to be able to drive to work underneath this beautiful creation every morning. In the 30 minutes it takes me to make it through traffic across town to my office, I was completely serene. I even took some pictures to share. Granted, they are on my iPhone and not the best quality, but you will still get the picture. (Ha ha, get it?)

Excuse my dusty windshield, but how about that sunrise? I especially love the American flag in the shot!

This is in front of a cigar/cigarette shop (yuck), but the sky is always the most beautiful at this point.

You can see the very top of the capital in the distance!


I love how big and mighty this tree looks against the sky...it's almost out of place!

The sun peeking through the trees.

A redlight selfie, only because I was feeling happy.

How do you find beauty in your daily life? What little things make you smile in a day that is otherwise viewed as "boring?" Will you join me in making this a goal? Will you take a second longer to appreciate the sunrise, or the life that you encounter on the way to work? We all have a desire to accomplish a "life well lived," so let's make that desire a reality.
 
"The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day."
- Charles R. Swindoll
 
P.S. What's in a Name? linkup is tomorrow! Be there or be square!


6 comments

Nadine Lynn said...

I love this post! It is so important to find the good in every day, no matter how hard it might be! Simple reminders of how great and beautiful the sunrise is, is an excellent way to do that! No taking the small things for granted, as they aren't that small :)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I use to love the view on my way to and from work every day. Now that I work at home I appreciate the view out of my bedroom window where my desk is. I can see Spanish moss blowing in the oak tree and beyond that a field with a few palm trees in it.

I had my desk in the corner of the room for a while but I realized 8 hours in that little space looking at the wall was not going to work for me.

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I love your attitude! I wish I could be more positive! Pretty pics btw!

The Peanut Program said...

very inspiring post!!! i too often wake up negative nancy because i'm so unhappy with my work, the schedule, the demands that i forget to appreciate such little things i take for granted.

Alexipanda said...

I love this! and One Republic <3 But beautiful pictures! So inspiring! Keep doing you boo!

A Life Less Traveled said...

I struggle with staying positive on a daily basis. It is so easy to fall into the negative trap.

Love the Tally pictures- oh how I miss my Tally days.