10.10.2013

My Purse is Boring...Promise

As I mentioned in my "what's on my iPhone" post a couple of weeks ago, these types of "nosey" topics seem to be insanely popular. I'm still not quite sure what it is, but there is just something really interesting about knowing what other women own and use on a daily basis.

At first I refused to ever do any posts like this, but the iPhone one was actually pretty fun. Therefore, today I'm going to share my version of another well-known blogging topic...the ever so famous "what's in my purse" post. Let's get started, shall we?

This is the purse that I am currently using right now.

Sorry, I need to remove the date detail from my camera settings!
I have had this bag for a couple of years now, but I tend to use it more in the fall because it just seems appropriate for this time of year. It's also huge, and pretty heavy on its own before anything is added into it, so it's not the easiest thing to tote around. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I get a TON of compliments on this bag. Women love it, I'm guessing because it's pretty unique with the big flower detail and the old-fashioned clamp as opposed to a zipper top. Like I said, it is a bit older, so I don't know if it could still be found anywhere. I will just tell you the information anyway though...the brand is NYC Expressions. My parents gave me this as a Christmas gift, but I'm 99% sure that my mom said she found it at TJ Maxx.

Now, let's take the plunge into the contents of my bag. I'm not going to lie, it's not very exciting. I also know that you're going to accuse me of cleaning out all of the trash and other "unsightly" items, but I promise you that I didn't. I am really OCD about my stuff and how it is organized, so everything that you're seeing is exactly how I keep it at all times, give or take a couple of interchangeable items. What can I say? I'm just not a fan of clutter. I'm sure some of you can relate!


1. A small umbrella. Florida may be called "The Sunshine State," but the weather here is actually very unpredictable. Especially in the northern part of the state that I live in. Tallahassee is very temperamental, during the summer especially! You never know when you're going to walk out of the store and into a thunderstorm, so I've learned it's best to be prepared. This is my favorite umbrella that I bought in NYC a couple of years ago. It is covered in photos from Broadway plays, including Phantom of the Opera, which is my obsession!

2. A thank-you card from a sweet lady at church. She gave this to me on Sunday to thank me for helping prepare dinner for the congregation a couple of weeks back, and I just haven't remembered to take it out yet.

3. My life...AKA my Lilly Pulitzer planner. Yes, I am a planner person, and the Lilly planners are amazing because they have so much space for organizing thoughts and plans! I begin every day by writing in this planner. I have had the flamingo print for over a year now, and I already have the pink elephants picked out for next years design. They are just too cute!

4. My wallet. Duh. You have to have a wallet in your purse. This is a Fossil wallet, that is also a couple of years old. I'm not big on name brands, but I do LOVE me some Fossil. I have this wallet, a watch, and a bag from Fossil and I would recommend their products to anyone! So well made, and cute to boot.

5. Bobby pins, a hair clip, and a hair tie. Girls need these to survive, especially when you have as much hair as I do!

6. My cellular device. I still have the iPhone 4, which works just fine. I just bought this case from Walmart the other day for about $3.00, and then I slapped a sticker that I already had on it. It actually turned out pretty cute. I'm going to go back to Walmart sometime to see if they have any of the cases left and then make one for my mom if they do!

7. My badge for work, which is beginning to look pretty rough!

8. The charger for my new camera. This normally isn't in there, but I had it with me when I went out of town last weekend just in case!

9. Two Baby Lips lip balms. I don't wear lipstick (I know, that's boring), and this product is awesome because it works like a chapstick, but it also adds color if wanted! The blue one is just a basic, colorless balm, and the purple one has a slight peach tint. I really like these, and I just keep them in my purse and put on whatever one I want for the day.

Are you still awake? I hope so! What's going on inside of your purse? Are you messy? Are you organized? Do you carry everything in the world with you, or are you a minimalist like me? Let me know, because I'm nosey! ;)

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I love these posts! My purse definitely looks more like yours than some of the ones I have been seeing lately. I cannot stand clutter and I literally don't even have a gum wrapper or old receipt in my purse haha! But I don't wear lipstick either :-) and I think I am getting a planner like that for next year bc I just love them... it's the price that's been turning me away lol

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

I love planners too. I am excited to get a cute one for next year. I also have the iPhone 4 (with a huge crack down the middle of the screen). I'm not planning to get a new one any time soon though...I don't want to give up my unlimited plan.

Nadine Lynn said...

I love Baby Lips too! They are so easy. And they smell good!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I have taken my pictures for a post like this I just haven't written it yet. I love snooping in other people's purses.

The Peanut Program said...

i love love reading "what's in my purse" posts!!! i have a planner as well and a notebook that i just think is so cute. but i havent written in it yet!

everyone seems to have that babylips stuff i really have to try it out!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.