One Republic Leads to Hairbrush Microphones

I'm having a really difficult time deciding what to blog about today, and I don't necessarily want to devote my entire post to a weekend recap, so I'm just going to write about whatever my little heart desires. So, good morning! I hope you all find yourselves in good spirits today!

My favorite way to begin a Monday morning involves caffeine and planning out my week. That is what I'm doing right now, alongside writing this post. Throw in my favorite Switchfoot station on iHeart Radio, and the 8:00 AM hour is going pretty swell so far, even though I'm also simultaneously clicking over to draft some memos for work. Just call me a multitasker. Sometimes, I'm pretty good at doing a million things at once.


My weekend was pretty great, how about yours? Friday night John and I went to a rodeo. Yep, a rodeo. The kind where people ride bulls and rope cows. It was pretty fun, but watching some of the events made my anxiety go through the roof because they're so dangerous! Saturday I went to visit a friend that I don't see very often. Amber accompanied me, and it was a good two and a half hour drive so we made it fun with coffee and our own version of radio karaoke. Saturday evening I spent with John, eating dinner and watching Chuck. Sunday I had praise and worship practice and church, followed by helping Amber paint the new announcement walls in the welcome foyer, and then I spent the rest of the day watching TV and napping. Weekend success.

In other news, I am currently OBSESSED with the song Counting Stars by One Republic. (I would link a video here, but I can't access YouTube at work. You should look it up though.) I have listened to it non-stop this weekend...I just can't get enough! It's catchy, it makes me want to dance, the lyrics are fun...a couple of the jam sessions in my room may have involved a hairbrush microphone...you know how it goes. One Republic always finds a way to rope me in. I don't foresee myself getting tired of this song anytime soon. Have you been like this with any music lately? My roommates are probably ready to throw my laptop out of the window so I can't listen to it anymore. But, I guess that happens.

My Seminoles kicked some Maryland butt on Saturday! We were only predicted to win by 20 points, but we actually stomped them 63-0. Gosh, FSU is making me so happy this year! Of course, Jameis Winston is a HUGE reason for that. I swear, the kid has some sort of gift that allows him to feel no pressure at any time. Clemson is coming up...which will be our biggest game of the season. If we beat them, that could mean amazing things for us. We may have shot at a National championship, and it has been a long time since that has happened! No matter what though, I will never stop rooting for my guys in garnet and gold.

Here in old Tallahassee, Florida, we are finally getting a little love from Tropical Storm Karen. Last week, people were freaking out that our whole weekend was going to be ruined by hurricane level weather. Let me just tell you though, we didn't see ANY rain until about 5 AM today, and it's not what I would classify as "hurricane." Or even tropical storm, because it's died down so much over the past couple of days. Trust me, I've lived in Florida my entire 24 years of life...I know hurricane. I do hope though, that other areas that came into contact with Karen had a safe experience!

I think that is enough for my Monday ramblings. I need to go focus 100% on these memos I'm preparing. I hope you all have a great day. Keep an eye out on Wednesday for a fun, one time link-up announcement from a couple of my favorite blog friends and I. You won't want to miss it! ;)

5 comments

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Poor Maryland (I don't root for them but I grew up in MD and dang that score is grisly haha). Love your planner!!

Nadine Lynn said...

Whataburger!!! I LOVE Whataburger! I am going to have to check out this One Republic song, thanks!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I thought we might get some rain from Karen in SC too but it looks like she mostly fell. We are getting some rain from a cold front but it's definitely not tropical storm rain.

A Life Less Traveled said...

Ah Whataburger! I used to have it all the time when I lived in Tally.

Winston probably can't buy his own drink in Tally right now. Can't wait for the game this Saturday.

Brittanylea02 said...

Yay for good weekends and I love that song! So good! :)