10.22.2013

Zombies AND Aliens?

John, being the curious and thoughtful boyfriend that he is, asks me almost every morning if I had any dreams during the night. Usually my answer is just a flat, "Nope!" because I hardly ever have dreams...good or bad. And, if I do have dreams, they were so varied that I can't even remember anything about them. Let me just tell you though, last night, I had a really crazy dream that lasted the entire eight hours that I slept. At least it felt like it did. My mind is still a little blown, because that just never happens to me. Maybe it's because last night was the first truly restful night of sleep that I have had in a couple of weeks. I didn't wake up at 3 AM and have to fight my eyes to get them to close again. I feel asleep at 10, and I woke up at 6. Apparently, the little dream fairy that floats around watching people sleep took advantage of that.

Needless to say, I'm a little confused. Because, it's not just that I had a crazy vivid dream. I had a crazy vivid dream about two things that I seriously never pay thought to. It involved zombies. Which are bad enough on their own, right? Apparently not, because it also involved aliens. Who has a dream with zombies AND aliens in it? I'm sorry, but that's just not fair. Those are two extreme things to deal with mentally. If some vampires and werewolves had been thrown in there, it could have been laughable. But just the two on their own? Still terrifying, people! Maybe I should be referring to this as a nightmare? I don't really know. I feel incredibly nerdy for even dissecting this dream, but I'm just so confused as to why it was in my mind. John is probably getting a kick out of this.

It all started out with me traveling with a group of people. Some were friends, and some were just people that I knew. Why do these random people show up in dreams, by the way? You know what I mean...people that you see maybe once every two months, but you're not actually friends with. That's just strange. Anyway, we were just walking along, and then we started coming across all of these dead people, just lying mauled on the side of the road. So we get freaked out, and we run until we get to this creepy, old, terrifying two story house. Of course, we think it looks safe, right? (Why are people so dumb in dreams?) We go inside, and lock ourselves all in one bedroom, then we start hearing all of this screeching and running down the halls and our room is under attack, so we flee.

Well, I don't know what happened to my friends at this point, but who do I find myself running into? My mom, of course. Because that's completely logical. So my mom and I are dodging all of these zombies, and find ourselves locked back in the same room my friends and I were just in. I turned the lights off so the zombies wouldn't think anyone was in there, and leaned against the door to block it. Then my mom tried to turn the light on because she wanted to read her book. Excuse me, but WHAT? We are trying to survive a zombie apocalypse and you want to read your book? So we start fighting over the light switch and making noise and then of course a zombie attacks the door and I'm pushing against it trying to keep him out. You know what? My mom doesn't even help me! Mama, if you're reading this and we are ever under zombie attack, I can't promise I'm going to stick with you. I love you and all, but this dream is worrisome!

So, somehow we get out of that situation and we run outside and jump in a car. It's a Nissan Versa. Why in the heck do I know what kind of car I'm driving to get away from zombies in my dream? Does it really matter? I don't know! It was definitely a Versa though! We drive, and we drive, and we drive down what looks like I-10 (of course it would be I-10 because I spend so much time on there). There are hardly any cars, but every now and then one will fly by so we follow one and end up on this little country road in a giant traffic jam because apparently everyone is trying to escape this way. I wedge the little Versa between cars until I get to the front and then see that everyone is stopped because there are power lines blocking the road and a few men are trying to get them out of the way.

This is where the aliens come in. This UFO comes hovering over the giant traffic jam, and a booming voice starts talking about how we are about to meet our end. Then we all hear a bunch of rustling and screeching in the woods around us, and people are drawn into the forest and I'm grabbing them and telling them to stop. Of course my mom is one to walk into the woods. She hasn't listened to me the whole darn dream. So, at this point I'm panicking, and then the zombies also start to mosey onto the scene, because they are obviously in cahoots with the aliens. And then, I wake up. Can someone just tell me...WHAT?

I'm sorry you had to endure this terribly long, rambly story, full of run-on sentences. But, I'm just really confused. In a way it's comical, but in a bigger way I just can't understand how this would be formulated in my mind. I don't watch The Walking Dead, I don't watch alien movies, I don't know anything about the zombies and aliens except for all of the stereotypical mumbo jumbo. Why the dream fairy chose my mind for this one...I may never know.

Oh, and no picture in this post. You know why? I seriously doubt there are any pictures out there that include both zombies AND aliens. It's just too cruel.

Happy Tuesday. (I've been thinking it's Wednesday all morning.)

Truly,
Miranda

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

hahaha love this! Dreams are SO weird. I always have the weirdest, most vivid dreams! Hope your day is zombie and alien-free!

P.S. I have been so confused on the day of the week today and yesterday too, so you're not alone!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

That is a vivid dream! I hope you can sleep tonight without a replay.

Stephanie said...

I have some of the weirdest dreams sometimes. Then I wake up and can't fall back asleep because I'm like "wtf was that about?" haha.

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

sometimes i wake up SO MAD at my husband because he dream cheated on me and i refuse to talk to him for the first few minutes after i wake up...until i realize that it was just a dream. then i punch him anyway.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Sam said...

I don't know if I could handle a dream about both zombies and UFO aliens, that sounds so scary lol.

I rarely dream either and when I do, it feels like everyday situations. Like I had a dream once I was having a conversation with my mom and she told me she had gone to get coffee with her friend and when i saw her that morning I asked how her coffee date went and she just looked at me all confused hahah.

Vicky Hunt said...

Two words.....good grief! LOL....Mama

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Hahah this is the perfect Halloween dream. I'm sorry you had such a creepy dream though! I hate dreams where people (living or half-dead or aliens) are chasing me. Not a fun time.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.