11.01.2013

"If Music be the Food of Love, Play On"

Good morning, lovely people! I feel like I'm from the UK or somewhere when I say stuff like that. Thank you for being here today! (One million points to your Hogwarts house if you can tell me where that reference comes from.)

Oh, what a week it has been! Work has been keeping me on my toes, and I started the week off in a pretty low mood, but it has gradually improved. Plus, checking out everyone's Halloween posts and costumes yesterday made me smile. I hope you all enjoyed the holiday. I didn't do much. And by that, I mean I didn't really do anything. Unless sitting on my couch and eating Jimmy John's while watching Paranormal Activity 2 counts as Halloween celebration. Maybe? I didn't even get trick or treaters here in my part of town. Which is probably a good thing, because I had nothing for them. Except a couple of blocks of Ramen noodles. I don't think that would have went over well.

I was planning to do my full Switchfoot recap today, but after looking at my planner I really just want to save it for next week. However, speaking of Switchfoot, I felt like I should use this post to share a few songs that I have been loving lately. I get ADDICTED to music, and it literally gets me through work most days. I've noticed though, that I don't talk about it much here on the blog. Let's change that today.

I am very open-minded when it comes to music. I want a variety. I grew up on Country music. "Don't Rock the Jukebox" was one of the first songs I learned to sing. Being a 90's kid, I obviously love pop...N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, all of those folks. I listen to a lot of contemporary Christian. I am a big rock fan...mainly alternative, but I also enjoy heavier stuff as well. I can't get enough of Broadway soundtracks and show tunes. I'm just not a picky person.

But, my absolute favorite type of music would definitely fall into the category of soft/alternative pop/rock. Bands like Coldplay, OneRepublic, Anberlin, Switchfoot, The Fray, Maroon 5...I cannot get enough! I find that these types of bands are very subtly powerful in their style, and the lyrics are smart and have the ability to be dissected and contemplated. More than any other type of music, this style makes me think, feel, and relate the songs to the important aspects of life.

Here are three songs that I have been loving lately. Let me know if you enjoy them too!

Say Something by A Great Big World


Who We Are by Switchfoot


Counting Stars by OneRepublic


What songs are you loving right now? Do we have any similar music tastes?

I hope you all have an amazing, fantastic, superb, perfect weekend! :)

Truly,
Miranda
Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I love pop, oldies, and country! Right now I am loving Cassadee Pope (spell check on her first name lol), Phillip Phillips, and that Roar song by Katy Perry (who I normally don't like!). Taylor Swift, when are you coming out with a new CD?!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I love all kinds of music!

I couldn't say what I'm into at this moment, that's one of the weird things about working from home I guess. I rarely listen to the radio, I'm just listening to the same stuff I've always listened to on Pandora.

I need to fix this problem.

International Directory Blogspot said...


Hello I'am Chris From France!!
This is not a "spam"
You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
Blog Url
Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
Happy Blogging
****************
You can forward this invitation to your friends

Laura Darling said...

I have always been a country music fan, but I actually went to the Switchfoot concert with my sister a few weeks ago, and since then I've had them as my pandora station and love it!

Dustin Holland said...

Addicted to music, eh? I've got a video for you

Epic Sax Guy

It's pretty addicting. The good news is, you only have to restart it every 10 hours!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.