12.04.2013

Sanctuary

In Monday's post, I mentioned that I had the pleasure of breaking in the newly renovated guest bedroom at my parent's house over Thanksgiving break. When I moved out a few years ago, my bedroom was used for storage, and eventually became my brother's room because there was obviously no point in keeping it as is. However, the downside to this was I didn't really have anywhere to make myself at home when I would come back for weekends and holidays.

My parents worked their butts off during the days leading up to the holiday weekend. My mom was so excited about me coming home and having my own little space to live in for a few days. I was excited too! You see, when I go back to my hometown for visits, I always view it as a little vacation from life. Having my own little area, or sanctuary, as I like to call it, is just the icing on the cake for a bit of time away from the real world.

Mama and Daddy did such an exceptional job at turning a tiny little spare bedroom into a cozy home away from home. They did all of the work themselves, including a brand new ceiling and brand new flooring. I loved it so much that I decided to take some pictures to share here on the blog. I just want everyone to see how open and airy and relaxing the room turned out. My mom is actually a blogger as well...you can find her here if you are interested. She is basically a professional thrifter and DIYer.

Hope you enjoy the little picture tour. All of my stuff is kind of lying around, but I feel like that just makes the room look even more homey. You will also see Farrah, one of our cats lounging on the bed in a couple of the photos. I'm pretty sure she thinks the new room is actually hers, because she spent a great deal of time in there with me!





 
 



Truly,
Miranda
Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

What a pretty room!! It is really awesome, and how sweet of your parents to be so excited to get it done for you?!

Elizabeth at Southern Finesse said...

That room is so cute! How sweet of your parents to do that for you.

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

What a lovely space! I view going home to my mom's as a mini-vacatipn too :)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

It's like a little spa retreat! I haven't had a room at my mom's house in years, we all just pile up where we can find a spot. It would be nice to have a little place though.

I am now following your mom on bloglovin' I love thrifting and DIY. :)

The Peanut Program said...

AWWW the kitty is SO CUTE!!!!!!!

i love all the bird accents, i'm a fellow bird lover myself !

Katie Cook said...

What an adorable room! Love it!!! love Katie xxooo

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

awww cute room.

Bekah @ re•solve said...

Awww, she did great! And so cute that she blogs as well!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

they did a great job!! it's adorable :)

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, that's such a pretty little room! They did an amazing job! And seriously, that kitty...LOVE.

Rachael @ Pretty in Pink said...

Looks so pretty and restful!

Jagger Noas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.