Sayonara, 2013!

December 31, 2013.

This is the only time that we will ever see this date. Isn't it kind of strange to think about that? Sometimes days seem so much the same, but each one is actually completely unique and individual. That's why we need to appreciate every single day we are given. You never know what that 24-hour time period could hold!

The same goes for the 365-day period of a year. I think we get into a habit of saying, "Oh, next year will be different. This is just another year for the books." Think of all of the things that you could miss out on with that mindset! I'm loving all of the 2013 recap posts that are going up, because they show how much a year really can mean. That's why today, I'm going to share a look back at some of my favorite things from this past year.

January
I spent a lot of time outdoors here in beautiful Florida during this month. John and I enjoyed a beautiful hiking adventure at Leon Sinks, and I also got to cuddle with some wolves and skunks (yes, you read that right) at Seacrest Wolf Preserve!


February
This month was full of so much love and friendship. John suprised me with a beautiful Valentine's Day dinner. I also spent some time with John and my family hanging out around my hometown. Amber and I also made a trip to her hometown near St. Pete for a very cold fishing trip!
 

March
This was a month full of Seminole baseball and other fun activities! I had the opportunity to get dressed up and attend John's med school gala. My favorite part of the month was putting together a surprise birthday dinner for John's 24th!


April
At the beginning of this month, John and I spent a weekend in Panama City Beach with his Christian med group. The weather was still chilly, but it was a lot of fun! I also submitted my first freelance article and poured my heart out in a letter to my 11-year-old self.
 

May
Florida summer had officially arrived by this point, so my time outside of work began to be devoted to fun, sunshine filled activities, during which sunburn made it's first appearance of the season. Cookouts were had and cornhole was played in abundance!


June
This was the first month that I really fell in love with blogging and began to take it seriously. I shared all about how I became a Seminole and took a trip to meet a friend and spend some time at the beach.
 

July
This was a month of change as John moved to begin his third year of med school, working at a hospital in a different city. I also talked about traveling, in anticipation of the month's trip to visit family in Pennsylvania. I was also rejected for a new job, and was really sad and confused. Looking back now though, the rejection was a blessing in disguise.


August
In August, I continued to read a lot of books. We also took a fun trip to the Tampa area to celebrate Amber's 20th birthday.


September
This was a very eventful month! I told you all about my insane neighbors, who you will be happy to know were evicted just a few short weeks later. John and I celebrated one year of dating, and I celebrated a birthday and turned the big 2-4!
 

October
I hosted my first linkup with Jessica and Kelli! Florida State continued to kick butt in football, I saw Switchfoot with VIP status, and planned some awesome Halloween costumes for John and I. I also got real about depression, and received some great feedback from all of you!


November
This was the month that I was attempting to do NaNoWriMo, but I then ended up in the emergency room and had to have my gallbladder removed, so I never finished my novel due to being down and out from surgery. No worries though, because I have felt a million times better ever since. John and I also made a big decision that we are still currently working through.


December
I introduced you to Benjamin, now officially known as Benji, and you all loved him! I also told you all about my new friends Rita and Dina, and you loved them too! This month was all about the spirit of Christmas and holiday love.



And, that brings us to today, the last day of 2013. Wow...looking back like this makes the year really seem like it has just snuck by. I am so grateful for all of the blessings and experiences that this year has offered. I can't wait to embark on the new journey that 2014 will bring!

A very Happy New Year to you all! Stay safe!

4 comments

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

what a great year you've had! here's to 2014 being even better! happy new year, Miranda :)

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I can't believe link up month was so long ago! It seems like just yesterday, it was such a great idea on your part.

A Life Less Traveled said...

Happy New Year! I have enjoyed reading your blog this year.

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

yay for our link up! We should do another in the new year! I hope yours is great! Send me lots of snap chats tonight :-)